Handles all shipments related to the project
- Ensuring cargo movements are conducted effectively and efficiently without compromising HSE issues.
- To co-ordinate Administration and Operation Procedures for the Project Team.
- Co-ordinating support and assistance for logistics as may be required.
- Assisting the Project Team on Administration as and when required.
Tasks & Accountabilities
- Adhere to safety requirements
- Adhere to standard operating procedures
- Adhere to Air & Ocean general KPIs
- Co-ordinate logistics service to the project up to destination(s)
- Co-ordinate communication between Service Providers and DHL
- Co-ordinate operation and logistic teams at key locations, in close co-operation Project Manager
- Liaise closely with other locations to ensure strong communication links are maintained
- Liaise, in close co-operation with service providers to co-ordinate transport of cargo from ports of entry to final destination
- Ground level logistics planning
- Participate in co-ordination of all shipments
- Support team members during peak periods in different areas of operation when required
- Reviewing KPI’s with Project Manager to identify areas of improvement.
- Ensure project compliance with Customs and other shipping regulations
- Co-operate, and work very closely with other team members in other locations.
- Attend meetings with entire Logistics Team to give all members the opportunity to receive information and give feedback where required.
- Provide motivation and drive to deliver the above in an integrated team environment and proactively contribute towards all activities to meet the Projects overall objectives.
Skills & Qualifications
Subject matter expert in service, production, or support area of responsibility. Performs all of the standard and all of the specialized and most complex aspects of the function. Technical certification or Associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 4+ or more years of experience in related area of responsibility.
DHL - 23 months ago
DHL Express (USA) is the US arm of express delivery giant DHL, which itself is a subsidiary of Germany's Deutsche Post. The operations...