At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent the world over. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
Working for DHL Global Forwarding means working for the global market leader in air and ocean freight.
At DHL Global Forwarding, our expertise lies in the fast and flexible transportation of goods and merchandise across all continents. We not only supply comprehensive international logistic services, but also play an active role in reducing C02 emissions as seen in our GoGreen product portfolio.
DHL Global Forwarding manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at http://www.dp-dhl-karriere.de/en/career.html
Project Manager - IP
Handles all shipments related to this project
- Ensuring cargo movements are conducted effectively and efficiently without compromising HSE issues.
- To co-ordinate Administration and Operation Procedures for the Project Team.
- Co-ordinating support and assistance for logistics as may be required.
- Assisting the Project Team on Administration as and when required.
. May provide functional guidance, advice and/or training to less experienced specialists, analysts, or coordinators
- Provides input in identifying markets to be developed or maintained through appropriate business strategies. Negotiates, prepares and issues most favorable rate quotations externally and internally.
- Negotiates, prepares and issues most favorable rate quotations externally and internally. Negotiates letters of credit.
- Arranges for certification and legalization of documents at Chambers of Commerce and applicable embassies.
- Maintains knowledge and keeps clients informed of market trends and changes in service options.
Adhere to HSE requirements
Provide motivation and drive to deliver the above in an integrated team environment and proactively contribute towards all activities to meet the Project’s overall objectives
- Adhere to SOP and SAP
- Adhere to Air & Ocean general KPIs
- Co-ordinate logistics service to the project up to destination(s)
- Co-ordinate communication between Service Providers and DHL
- Co-ordinate operation and logistic teams at key locations, in close co-operation Project Manager
- Liaise closely with other locations to ensure strong communication links are maintained
- Liaise, in close co-operation with service providers to co-ordinate transport of cargo from ports of entry to final destination
- Ground level logistics planning
- Participate in co-ordination of all shipments
- Support team members during peak periods in different areas of operation when required
- Reviewing KPI’s with Project Manager to identify areas of improvement.
- Ensure project compliance with Customs and other shipping regulations
- Co-operate, and work very closely with other team members in other locations.
- Attend meetings with entire Logistics Team to give all members the opportunity to receive information and give feedback where required.
DHL - 20 months ago
DHL Express (USA) is the US arm of express delivery giant DHL, which itself is a subsidiary of Germany's Deutsche Post. The operations...