ATTACH COVER LETTER AND RESUME
Under general direction, this unclassified position provides direct technical support to the Fourth Judicial District Public Defender Office in the development and maintenance of local area networks, Internet access, network connectivity to Statewide and County System applications, and related communications needs as identified. This position is to ensure the coordination, and compatibility with other systems in the state and among agency offices.
These positions will be responsible for providing full life cycle ownership for a set of proprietary, packaged and customized business applications used to manage internal business operations. This includes hardware and software support, training, and business analysis.
Definition/Summary of Duties:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Gathering and documenting business requirements for new, enhanced, or modified system capabilities.
- Gather and process user feedback about the provided services and coordinate efforts to find solutions.
- Providing hands-on or facilitated quality assurance for releases.
- Training support (particularly in a train-the-trainer capacity).
- Participate in/facilitate user groups and intra-agency roundtables to better understand user needs and improve business processes.
- Provide hands on troubleshooting and support for users with respect to agency specific application issues. (these generally are media/video related issues)
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the agency and its business models, business operations, product lines, and organizational structures.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external agencies
- Gather, document and validate end-user business requirements and technology business requirements for new, enhanced, or modified system capabilities.
- Work with IT Help Desk and Application Development staffs to quickly identify and resolve production issues. Provide follow up with business units on impacting issues.
- Develop and deliver end-user training. Training requirements may include on-site training, remote training and/or train-the-trainer training.
- Provide post-release application support. Document and submit to internal personnel or external vendors for resolution. Track and validate resolution status, and perform lifecycle tasks as required to implement repairs and changes.
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
- Ability to multi-task
State of Minnesota Board of Public Defense - 2 years ago