The City of Jacksonville has an immediate opening for a SharePoint developer professional. The work entails supporting the SharePoint application for city departments and agencies providing services to the residents of Jacksonville. This is a full time position in the Information Technologies Division with a good benefits package and flexible working hours.
Examples of Work:
- Work on multiple activities and SharePoint development implementations.
- Gather and understand business requirements and determine an appropriate solution for leveraging the SharePoint platform
- Design/ develop, implement, and maintain SharePoint solutions
- Support various departments in the Administration/maintenance of SharePoint sites
- Insure that solutions are aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards.
- Create and maintain technical documentation for newly created or modified custom applications
- Transfer knowledge and technical expertise to other team members and end users
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of SharePoint ecosystem, including 3rd party providers
- Thorough understanding of SharePoint technical architecture
- Skill in SharePoint Custom Dashboards
- Skill in SharePoint Workflow Development
- Skill in SharePoint custom development with Visual Studio and SharePoint Designer
- Skill in using the .NET Framework
- Ability to work independently on small projects.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to take directives from management and perform tasks efficiently.
- Ability to display a high degree of inquisitiveness and an eagerness to learn at a detailed and abstract level
Open Requirements/Supplemental Information:
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience designing, building, deploying, upgrading and testing custom SharePoint 2007 and 2010 solutions, web parts, and reports.
- Experience creating and maintaining content in a production SharePoint environment
- Possess web development skills
- Experience managing security in SharePoint
- Experience integrating SharePoint with additional applications
- Experience modifying SharePoint UI, including master pages, page layouts and CSS
- Experience with SharePoint Administration
- Highly self-motivated and organized, with a strong business sense to capture and fulfill the business requirements for all products and articulate in an architecture model.
- A strong passion and thirst to keep up with new industry trends and standards
- Experience building consumer-facing mobile applications (iOS, Android)
In accordance with the City of Jacksonville Ordinance 116.910, effective July 1, 2012, any person who is hired or appointed by the City of Jacksonville and does not reside within Duval County at the time of hire, will have six (6) months to establish permanent residency within the boundaries of Duval County. Failure to establish permanent residency within six (6) months shall constitute resignation from employment. Effective July 1, 2012, any person who is hired or appointed by the City of Jacksonville and does reside within Duval County at the time of hire, but subsequently moves his/her permanent residence outside the boundaries of Duval County, shall constitute resignation from employment.
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED. Apply at www.coj.net , attach college transcripts, resume, and if claiming veteran’s preference, DD-214 (Form 4), for consideration.