This is an entry-level position for individuals interested in a career in project coordination or management within a data driven group. The period of performance evaluation for this position is six months from the date of hire.
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for providing project support to the project team on the Hospital Quality Initiative (HQI) Implementation and Support and Hospital Outpatient Quality Data and Reporting Program (HOP QDRP) contracts. The Informatics Project Specialist will be involved in project support activities, including maintaining project timelines, updating project documents, and assisting the team with project deliverables.
ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing technical writing activities on the HQI and HOP QDRP contracts, including updating technical documents and writing reports.
- Responsible for providing project support across all activities on the HQI and HOP QDRP contracts.
- Upon request, performs critical review of project communications and documents.
- Participates in document review and management activities, including the organization of project documents.
- Participates in appropriate project teleconferences and meetings.
- Enters project information into iTRAK, a proprietary HSAG Informatics database.
- Updates project deliverable and action item information in iTRAK.
- Attends and participates in team, project, staff and training meetings. Ability to make presentations and communicate project results to staff. Represents HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited four-year institution.
- Experience performing technical writing during course of study (e.g., English or composition majors or minors).
- At least one business course completed during college.
- Completion of one or more statistics courses regarded as a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
- Ability to type 50 wpm with minimal errors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs or technological developments.
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago