This is an entry-level position for individuals interested in a career in project coordination or management within a data driven group. The period of performance evaluation for this position is six months from the date of hire.
Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for providing project support to the project team on the PfP Task 3 – OY2 contract. The Informatics Project Support Specialist will be involved in project support activities, including maintaining project timelines, updating project documents, and assisting the team with project deliverables.
- Performing technical writing activities on the PfP Task 3 – OY2 contract, including updating technical documents and writing reports.
- Responsible for providing project support across all activities on the PfP Task 3 – OY2 contract.
- Upon request, performs critical review of project communications and documents.
- Participates in document review and management activities, including the organization of project documents.
- Participates in appropriate project teleconferences and meetings.
- Enters project information into iTRAK, a proprietary HSAG Informatics database.
- Updates project deliverable and action item information in iTRAK.
- Attends and participates in team, project, staff and training meetings. Ability to make presentations and communicate project results to staff. Represents HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
Accountable for the timeliness, completeness, accuracy and quality of all assigned functions and tasks.
Office work- In this position, the employee is subject to inside environmental conditions.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS/COMPETENCIES
1. Ability to use and sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
3. Ability to communicate face-to-face and through telecommunications and written correspondence with individuals using the English language.
4. Ability to understand presentation information.
5. Ability to travel occasionally by motor vehicle and/or aircraft.
6. Ability to adhere to established company confidentiality policies.
- BA or BS degree from an accredited four-year institution.
- Experience performing technical writing during course of study (e.g., English or composition majors or minors).
- At least one business course completed during college.
- Completion of one or more statistics courses regarded as a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
- Ability to type 50 wpm with minimal errors.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs or technological developments.
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.
- 20 months ago - save job