This is specialized, professional work involving the application of computer technology to the solution of problems (including those requiring the analysis and development of logical or mathematics descriptions of functions to be programmed) ; to develop and implement computer programs that automate processes and originate required reporting, and achieve desired user-defined, operating results.
Work includes developing new or modifying an existing information technology solution (including data and storage structures, communications requirements and specialized language requirements), formulation of application systems' scope and objectives, and preparing detailed specifications from which application programs will be written.
Internal Applications is part of UMKC’S IT (IS) division and provides the following services to our customers:
· Custom application programming
· Peoplesoft Portal development
· E-commerce application development
· Online surveys, email campaigns and forms
· Mobile application development for the iOS and Android platforms
· Mobile website development
· Migration and manipulation of data from legacy systems, Peoplesoft Finance, HR and Student.
· Web application administration (WordPress, Trumba)
· Media Server administration (Flash, Windows Media Server)
· Exam and Evaluation scanning and report generation
As a developer within Internal Applications, you can expect to be involved with projects related to all of the above items.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science – Software Engineering emphais or equivalent experience.
· Candidates should have at least 3+ years of demonstrable experience with at least two out of three of the below programming languages/technologies:
o ASP.NET C#
· Competent with interface design (not necessarily visual design, but tool design). Candidate can put together a compelling prototype without having a design handed off, or can follow existing design patterns to expand on an existing UI.
· A solid understanding of web application architecture, object oriented software, and design patterns.
· CSS3 & HTML5
· Experience developing with Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL
Experience with version control technologies
· Excellent communication skills.
· The ability to write high-quality, well commented code.
· Some knowledge of how to work within a LAMP stack based environment.
· Ability to give occasional presentations to peers and other internal audiences.
· Oracle & PL/SQL development experience
· Experience with MVC.
· PERL development experience
· Python development experience
· Ruby on Rails development experience.
· ASP development experience
· jQuery Mobile experience
· Java or Android SDK experience
· Objective-C development experience
· Peopletools and PeopleCode experience
Full Time/Part Time
Full Time position
$50,000 - $60,000
February 24, 2013
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachments. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (816) 235-1621, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be passionate about building great software
· Have experience engaging in rapid prototyping and iterative product development.
· Be an independent thinker.
· Have big ideas and the courage to voice them.
· Have enthusiasm for emerging technologies.
· Grasp the big picture.
· Be a self-starter and be able to complete projects with minimal supervision.
University of Missouri - Kansas City - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard