Information Architect / Information Modeler
Nordstrom is in the midst of transforming to a “Services-Oriented” company powered by our Technology Team of the Future and SOA initiatives. We are scaling up our “BIZARCHDEVOPS” (BADO) squads to deliver an Enterprise-scale,
Retail Services Platform
and a set of Business, Information, and Foundation Services following an Agile and Continuous Delivery methodology. We are focused on “proudly engineering the best customer experience” and enhancing our customer shopping, sales associates selling, merchandisers and buyer’s product fulfillment, vendor drop-ship partner’s and 3rd party developer’s experience. RSP will improve our speed to market, and enable us to deliver differentiated, reliable, scalable and flexible Services to drive our
Omni-Channel retail growth
strategy for the year 2020.
The ideal information architect is motivated, detail, and results oriented and committed to providing support for solution and service delivery for operational applications, integration services, and for our information repositories using Nordstrom best practices and standards, along with industry standard methodologies, notations and toolsets.
Expectations and Key Competencies Include:
- Primarily responsible for investigating, defining, documenting and escalating enterprise information needs as they pertain to data definition, data integration, data flow and lineage documentation, data quality and coverage, and data provisioning
- Work closely with the Enterprise Information and Services teams to determine the appropriate information integration approach
- Participate in information and/or process requirements review sessions to produce information models, primarily those supporting enterprise service definition
- Contribute to the ongoing creation and extension of enterprise information and service models, including definition of the enterprise canonical information model
- Collaborate with Architects, System Analysts, Engineers and Business experts to identify opportunities for a cross-functional solution
- Evaluate physical database models, message interface specifications and service object models for compliance with Nordstrom business requirements captured in logical data models; monitor ongoing developments in both data and process modeling techniques and standards across information model types
- Define and implement information management standards and best practices, including data naming standards and metadata documentation and maintenance standards
Expectations and Key Competencies Include:
Since 1901, Nordstrom has offered a wide variety of quality apparel, shoes and accessories for men, women and children at our stores across the country. We're proud to be named to Fortune™ magazine's list of '100 Best Companies to Work For.' We believe this recognition comes from our desire to empower our employees to set their sights high and deliver exceptional service to customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 7 – 10 years combined experience or background in technology, business analysis, logical and physical data modeling and business process modeling; knowledge of relational modeling and process modeling standards
- Strong proficiency in creation of logical and physical data models, and other information modeling artifacts, including but not limited to conceptual data models, state transition and information flow diagrams, etc. at both an application and enterprise level. Experience with entity/event modeling, object modeling and some knowledge of service definition preferred
- Key participant (leader or primary modeler) on at least one major enterprise information model development project
- Key participation in definition, implementation and ongoing support of information management practices, including meta data management
- Experience defining and building BI/Data Warehouse models required
- Experience developing integration layer canonical models highly desired
- Experience defining both top-down (information consumption) and bottom-up (information normalization and storage) information models, especially as they pertain to the integration layer required
- Experience defining event-based information models that can be realized through the integration layer highly desired
- Experience with establishing or participating as part of an enterprise Data Governance program
- Ability to work effectively with program, project and highly technical IT teams
- Demonstrated experience with SOA, cloud technologies are a strong plus
As a Nordstrom employee, you can feel confident that your health and well-being are among our highest priorities. We offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical/vision and dental coverage, a generous merchandise discount, an employer-matched 401(K) savings and profit sharing plan and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a diverse environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Nordstrom - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard
Nordstrom, Inc.is a fashion specialty retailer that offers a selection of apparel, shoes, cosmetics and accessories for women, men and...