Technology and Management Solutions
Marketing, Interactive & Technology
Tyson's Corner, VA
ICF is seeking a mid level user experience professional to lead web application and website design, testing, and prototyping for various client initiatives. You will work with clients and team members to discover and understand business requirements; design and carry out usability research activities and engage end users in the design process; ensure a focus on content as a key part of the overall user experience; and develop wireframes, process flows, and other information architecture documents to communicate site structures to business and development teams. A strong understanding of user centered design methodologies and a background in website development, responsive design, and mobile app development are important parts of the role. Experience working in government, healthcare, and/or energy sectors is desired.
This position will be based in our Tyson
's Corner or Rockville, MD locations.
- Work collaboratively with team and business owners to understand user experience goals and gaps
- Identify target audiences; create personas
- Conduct heuristic reviews and competitive analyses
- Define recruitment criteria for user testing and develop screeners
- Develop test plans and set up and run full-scale user research activities
- Monitor metrics from customer satisfaction and web analytics tools, and gather data from other sources including help desk outcomes and social media mentions
- Analyze test results, develop findings, and incorporate recommendations into application/site design
- Lead the design of website/application structures and user interfaces
- Build sitemaps, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and other blueprints that clearly articulate site/application structure and organization
- Conduct content audits, develop content maps, and develop taxonomies
- Translate complex concepts into easy-to-understand content appropriate for target audiences
- Write and deliver persuasive reports and presentations to team members and clients
- Facilitate collaborative user-centered design across business, marketing, creative, technical, and operational areas
- Work with designers and developers to architect mobile solutions for responsive websites and native mobile apps
About ICF International
- Bachelor’s Degree in information architecture, communications, human-computer interaction, computer science, library science, or related field
- A solid background applying user-centered design concepts in web and software development environments
- 5+ years of experience in the following areas: Qualitative and quantitative research methods including large-scale data collection, card sorting, low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototype testing, contextual inquiry, interviews, surveys, focus groups, and lab-based usability studies. Navigation, content organization, and user interface design, producing wireframes, site maps, and process flows. Writing for the web, content strategy, and metadata and taxonomy development
- Ability to take a leadership role in working with business stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
ICF International (NASDAQ: ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,000 employees serve these clients worldwide.
's Web site is
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to...