Information Assurance Engineer duties focus on the development, operation, management, and enforcement of security capabilities for systems and networks. In this position, the employee is the Certification and Accreditation (C&A) team lead and acts as a resource for system administrators and developers to help create a secure information system.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Provide technical and project management support for C&A planning and documentation
- Create documentation required to obtain Approval to Operate (ATO) in accordance with C&A guidance from SSC Pacific, Code 54320 and in accordance with Department of Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP)
- Provide technical guidance to Microsoft System Administrators to achieve SSC Pacific, Code 54320 goals and milestones.
- Provide Microsoft Windows system engineering support to remediate E-eye Retina and DISA Gold Disk findings.
- Maintain database used to create test plans and update as new STIGS and Gold Disk are published
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Understanding of the entire DIACAP process
- Thorough knowledge of certification testing tools
- Understanding of Microsoft vulnerability remediation
- Understanding of network ports and protocols
- Understanding of basic DOD facility security requirements.
- Responds/troubleshoot/resolve network, enterprise, and client level networking and application issues
CERTIFICATES & LICENCES REQUIRED:
- Technical degree (math, science, engineering, etc)
- Experience with Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS) and Security Readiness Review Scripts (SRR)
- Current Secret DoD clearance
(Following certifications required to meet the DoDD 8570.1 requirements)
Vector Planning & Services, Inc - 2 years ago