As our Information Assurance Security Analyst (NCI: Information Security Analyst) , you will be part of a team that provides security engineering services for the Project Directorate Joint Automatic Identification Technology (PD J-AIT)located in Alexandria, VA. You will run manual scans and automated scans on Windows servers using the SCAP analyzer tool. You must be able to set the parameters to capture the scan results, save them and clearly label them. Under indirect supervision, you must be able to use the eEye Retina scanning tools on network, SCAP security scanners on UNIX machines. You must be able, with the assistance of the Systems Administrator, to verify the manual checks in the STIG for UNIX and LINUX Operating Systems.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Interpret DIACAP controls accurately with regard to system security posture, policy updates and configuration for workstations and servers with regard to security and event logs.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- DoDD 8570-M IAT Level II, requires at least one of Security+, GSEC, SSCP, or SCNP.
- DIACAP experience is a must.
- Must be familiar with DoD 8500.2 and AR 25-2.
- Travel 1 week trips to Radford, VA; Oklahoma City, OK; and Huntsville, AL.
- Minimum Associates; Preferred 4 year IT, CS, MIS, or comparable.
- Additional direct work experience over the minimum will be considered if a candidate does not have an associates degree.
- 3-5 years of direct Information Assurance experience writing documentation, running automated scans, and performing manual STIG review.
- At least one certification in the Computing Environment, Windows Server 2003 and 2008 preferred.
- UNIX experience is a bonus.
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn… Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
NCI Information Systems, Inc. - 17 months ago
NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services are...