CLASSIFICATION SUMMARY :
Acts as customer service/telephone liaison for university community. Receives and documents problems and questions and resolves or facilitates resolutions.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Receives and records problems and questions reported by University community.
• Resolves technical problems such as access to computer systems and IT services.
• Troubleshoots user problems with microcomputer peripherals and application programs.
• Maintains records associated with assignment.
• Inputs, files and assigns computer related work orders in appropriate software.
• Develops and maintains a positive service outlook.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE :
• Associates degree preferred
• Graduation from high school plus one year of relevant experience (a combination of relevant college course work/training plus relevant work experience may be used to total one year of experience).
• Must have at least two years of customer service experience.
• Knowledge of positive customer service techniques.
• Knowledge of basic troubleshooting techniques.
• General knowledge operation of computer hardware and software.
• Skill in maintaining accurate records.
• Skill in working with a diverse population.
• Skill in both verbal and written communication.
• Skill in communicating with individuals from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Skill in time management.
• Skill in stress management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
• May be required to move and lift materials and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
Texas State University-San Marcos is saddled up and ready to rope some graduates. The school has more than 34,000 students pursuing degrees...