Phoenix-based SRP, the nation's third-largest public power and water utility, is recruiting a Senior Information Consultant for its IT Information Consulting Department.
Serves as an information domain expert and liaison to internal business groups, champions the implementation of enterprise-wide standards, processes and practices in information/data and metadata management, influencing relevant technology decisions related to the management of SRP's information assets. Implements and maintains enterprise level services related to the management of structured data and unstructured content, including, but not limited to, the creation of information models, common business vocabularies (data models, schemas, taxonomies, ontology's), enterprise master data and metadata frameworks, using information analytic tools and techniques, and reusable processes for managing and migrating structured data and unstructured content to more managed environments.
• Provides day to day expertise on the delivery of the information consulting services' related to the management of unstructured content and structured data.
• Collaborates with the Information Consulting practitioners to refine strategies and methodologies based on implementation experience.
• Guides and facilitates the creation of best practice information management services and practices with the business units to ensure timely, accurate and quality results.
• Performs information analysis, modeling, mapping and issue resolution.
• Develops enterprise data, content, taxonomy and ontology strategies and models.
• Defines the business requirements for database, taxonomies, metadata schemas.
• Manages corporate information and metadata repositories, including database models, business vocabularies, and content management systems.
• Leads information management projects and administers relevant technologies.
• Evaluates information solutions and site collection deployments for the soundness of their information model, architecture, metadata schemas and taxonomies.
• Maintains enterprise information artifacts and models.
• Works with other information management and IT professionals to ensure quality delivery of information solutions.
• Maintains and documents models with standard business names, business definitions including valid values.
• Creates tactical work plans that support Information Management strategies related to structured and unstructured data.
• Helps communicate information management related decisions to the relevant organization(s) in order to plan and develop timely business solutions.
• Consults with Information Consulting Manager and Information Architect on emerging client issues and information management trends to ensure services are on target and aligned with the overall Enterprise Information Management goals, strategies, policies and future state architecture.
• Manages external resources when required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Minimum of five (5) years' experience in information analysis, information design, information modeling, information requirements gathering.
• Understands information management, information governance, metadata concepts, and data quality concepts.
• Pays attention to details while holding the enterprise view in mind.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect sensitive information at all times.
• Ability to adhere to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
• Ability to work collaboratively and support efforts of team members.
• Positive learning and working attitude.
• Team player with good interpersonal, communication skills.
• Experience in adhering to information management standards and best practices.
• Self-starter, quick learner, able to handle multiple concurrent assignments.
• Works well independently and with little direction.
• Flexible, versatile, and conscientious.
• Familiar with different work management methodologies.
• Is comfortable working with complex technical data formats, data models and data relationships.
• Able to work independently and deliver high quality results when given a set of objective requirements.
• Has experience with the following business concepts: Master Data Management, Information Lifecycle Management, Enterprise Search, Semantic Web, Information Quality, Metadata Management, Bioinformatics, Cheminformatics, Data & Text Mining, Taxonomies, Ontologies and Folksonomies.
• Familiarity with the following information management technologies (ERWIN, IBM Information Server, Data Flux, CONTIVO, TIBCO, CIMAGE/FUSION, SharePoint, ECM solutions, All Fusion Repository, Content Analyzers, Semantic Text Extractors, Web Crawlers, SmartLogic, ThinkMap, Enterprise Search and others )
• Ability to focus on the customer; is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Strong organizational skills that support documenting, categorizing, and prioritizing requirements.
• Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
• Ability to set priorities and spend time on what's important; capable of quickly zeroing in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; capable of quickly ending what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal and eliminating roadblocks.
• Possesses a drive for results and can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
• Capable of making good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
• Ability to manage processes and can figure out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
• Ability to manage conflicts by stepping up and seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
• Ability to listen; practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
• Ability to continuously improve and is dedicated to providing the highest quality products and services which meet the needs and requirements of internal and external customers; is committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data; is willing to re-engineer processes from scratch; is open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Senior Computer Analyst - Salary Grade 54:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science plus five years of experience; or a Bachelor's Degree in related field appropriate for the assignment plus six years of experience.
Computer Analyst - Salary Grade 52:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science plus two years of experience; or a Bachelor's Degree in related field appropriate for the assignment plus three years of experience.
Associate Computer Analyst - Salary Grade 51:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science; or a Bachelor's Degree in related field appropriate for the assignment plus one year of experience.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Currently, SRP does not sponsor H1B visas.
EOE - We encourage workforce diversity
- 2 years ago - save job