Top-tier $2B NYC-based credit relative value hedge fund seeks an Information Management analyst to support data analytics for the firm. Excellent company, work environment and benefits. Pay up to $80k/yr base + an average 20-30% bonus.
The Information Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Maintain the firm’s technology framework to support in-house investment research, portfolio management and performance tracking.
- Develop and implement algorithms to ensure accuracy, completeness, timeliness and consistency of the inputs to all the firm's valuation, risk management and performance benchmarking models.
- Apply database management and programming skills to extract fundamental and pricing related information from various external data sources.
- Liaise with various departments to translate business requirements into technical specifications using knowledge of investment strategies and understanding of credit instruments and derivatives.
- Identify and reconcile data anomalies and discrepancies, resolve outliers and back test results of valuation models.
- Integrate market data, investment research and model results to generate reports that assist the portfolio managers to manage risk and make investment decisions.
Successful candidates will possess:
- A strong academic background from a top-tier school, with a degreeor related coursework in finance, economics, statistics and computer science
- Experience working with an investment management or finance-related firm.
- Familiarity with analysis of fixed income securities and derivatives.
- Experience in statistical analysis.
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language such as C++, Java, VB.NET or C#.
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries using SQL Server or Oracle.
- Proficiency in VBA programming/writing Macros in Excel.
- An ability to think critically and objectively.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
Qualified candidates please apply.