MCTC, a leader in career and technical education, has an exciting opportunity for an accomplished leader who wants to build the workforce development program of the future.
Minneapolis Community and Technical College (MCTC) is a comprehensive two year college located in downtown Minneapolis, serving the diverse, multi-cultural communities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul. MCTC provides a complete offering of developmental, liberal arts, pre-professional, professional and technical programs.
MINNESOTA ASSOCIATION OF PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEES (MAPE)
Under the provisions of Article 16, Section 3 of the labor agreement between the State of Minnesota and the Minnesota Association of Professional Employees, the following position is open for bids from eligible employees in the seniority unit for a period of (10) calendar days from the posting date of this notice.
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota Association of Professional Employees which can be found at http://www.mmb.state.mn.us/mape
Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Examples of Duties:
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for providing strategic direction and day-to-day content management of the Minneapolis Community and Technical College web site at www.minneapolis.edu. The Web Content Coordinator coordinates and performs the continued updating of the site, working with all units of the College to ensure that all content is accurate and up-to-date. The position has responsibility for writing and editing new content to ensure that a single voice in maintained across the site, and serves as the final decision maker on all content change requests. The position also provides training support for intranet content authors and approvers. This position will also monitor website traffic and modify content based on usage and website traffic patterns and develops monthly web analytics reports.
This position also works collaboratively with the Marketing and Communications team to roll out and track lead-generation campaigns to recruit students. This position works collaboratively with the Information Technology Services department to enhance the CMS and ensure that new applications and tools are appropriately integrated and functioning.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
· Experience in web development and the production of web content, marketing materials and collateral material that demonstrates strong writing and editing skills.
· Experience with interactive marketing tactics and strategies.
· Experience working cross-functionally and collaboratively with IT departments to launch, integrate and improve web applications software and functionality
· Experience tracking and measuring web analytics and interactive marketing campaigns and modifying websites and marketing campaigns in response.
· 5-7 years of experience in writing, editing and designing web content.
· 5-7 years of experience in using web analytics to generate leads for websites, conduct Web traffic analysis and improve web content based on traffic analysis and site use statistics.
· 5-7 years of interactive and search engine marketing experience, including creation of online marketing plans, marketing campaigns and online lead generation programs.
· 5-7 years of experience in managing web and intranet content.
Computer skills required:
· Expert knowledge of search engine marketing and web measurement tools, such as Google Analytics, Google AdWords, GetClicky, Facebook ads, social measurement and other web analytics and marketing tools.
· Expert knowledge in the preparation of web pages and other online materials for search engine optimization.
· Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS programming.
· Advanced knowledge of content management systems.
Within your application materials please address how you meet each of the minimum qualifications and any of the preferred qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested individuals should apply via the Minnesota Management & Budget website ( http://www.careers.state.mn.us/ ) October 3-11, 2013.
Requisitions number: 13MNSC000633
Interested agency employees should express interest to Human Resources by October 11, 2013 and apply online.
An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and encourages application from underrepresented groups. A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.