Information Officer- Systems Design & Development: Senior and experienced leader to manage a Business Intelligence IT team supporting a set of existing reporting applications as well as the implementation of a large global business intelligence & reporting solution for commercial property & casualty insurance business managers.
Specific responsibilities include evaluate user requirements, provide recommendations (cost development, cost/benefit analysis, and presentation to senior management) and implement (design, develop, and test) technological solutions to support the objectives of the business units. The role includes the large development projects as well as all maintenance/enhancement responsibilities associated with the existing set of production applications.
A related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience:
• 12 years progressive experience in analyzing and solving business problems through the implementation of business applications with multiple application systems & at least 8 years of experience directing full project lifecycle implementation for multiple applications supporting a company or division
• Significant experience leading large Business Intelligence/Reporting solutions including the following components: ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) solutions, Data Mart/Data Warehouse implementations, & COGNOS reporting solutions
• Strong written and oral communications skills, and the ability to communicate complex concepts and strategies between different communities of people
• Ability to negotiate agreements that gain acceptance of all stakeholders
• Proven track record of relationship building at the highest business unit and management levels
• Experience coordinating with a formal Project Management Organization (PMO) across the lifecycle of multiple projects
• Knowledge and experience in systems development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies
• General knowledge of the insurance industry
• Knowledge of system and technology alternatives
• Knowledge of technology trends, terms, and concepts
• Strong project management and leadership skills, including large scale financial or insurance technology project management
• International or global experience
American International Group - 15 months ago
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight...