(US citizens, green card or EAD holders only)
Job Start Date: 3/04/2013
Duration: 3/05/2014 with possible extensions
Location: Indianapolis, IN
IN-PERSON interviews required.
Description of Duties (primary & secondary) % of Total Work Effort
- Facilitate all security functions related to the replacement of the Indiana Client Eligibility Services System. 50%
- Facilitate the review and implementation of all security requirements related to the IRS Publication 1075 requirements. 40%
- Assist in the development and implementation of relevant security policies. 10%
Required or preferred?
NIST SP 80-53 R3
Strong working knowledge of
Strong working knowledge of
QA/Testing – Approaches, Applications
Working knowledge of
Programming Language/Development Tools
Database Systems/Database Tools
IRS Pub 1075
DFR Information Security Specialist (Information Security Analyst/Senior)
Job Code 1BH1
CISSP or CISA certification (active).
- 5 – 10 years demonstrated experience performing information system security assessments and risk assessments from inception to identifying and implementing security improvements and risk mitigation functions.
- Demonstrated experience performing risk assessments in accordance with NIST SP 800-30.
- Demonstrated experience successfully working with large, complex, and geographically dispersed organizations.
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise with the HIPAA Security Standard.
- Working knowledge of the HIPAA Privacy Standard.
- Strong knowledge of NIST SP 800-53 R3 requirements (can articulate control objectives and compliance with same).
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex topics both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage collaborative teams of diverse members, and achieve planned results.
- Experience with IRS Publication 1075 compliance a significant plus.
- Experience working with Windows/200x environments, including virtual implementations.
- Experience working with ZOS mainframe environments.
- Experience in health care and/or social services industries a plus.
- Experience in applications development a plus.
- Ability to develop and maintain information security standards;
- Ability to understand and apply complex computer logic to work;
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of information technologists, including systems administrators, technical support, applications development, end users and management;
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Difficulty of Work
Contracted employee assists in the development of security programs/procedures to facilitate the administration and management of security. This requires application of general guidelines, complex computer logic, programming skills in multiple languages and packages, and assists in the creation of new means of controlling access to computer resources in such a way as to make the security interface clear and easily understood by computer users. Contracted employee must be able to adapt to frequently changing situations and use creativity in developing appropriate security procedures.