BRIEF DESCRIPTION :
The Information Security Analyst ( ISA ) is a key role in the security operations center at Lamar University. The analyst reports directly to the Information Security Officer. He/She works with other technical teams on complex cross-functional projects. He/She is responsible for the day-to-day security of Lamar University, focusing primarily on technologies that focus on data protection including but not limited to encryption , data loss prevention, vulnerability management and penetration assessment and management.
• The ISA will be responsible for installation, configuration, roll-out, reporting, support and management of encryption technologies for data storage and data transmission.
• The ISA will be responsible for installation, configuration, roll-out, support and management of data loss prevention technologies both at the workstation level and at the network level.
• The ISA will be responsible for installation, configuration, roll-out, reporting, support and management of anti-malware technologies across the campus.
• The ISA will be responsible for vulnerability management program for the university. This includes conducting periodic scans, reporting and overseeing the remediation efforts for applications and services across the campus.
• Working with the ISO , the ISA will be responsible for contracting/conducting penetration tests, reporting and associated remedial actions for applications and services across campus.
• The ISA will be responsible for working with technical staff across university in implementing and managing, file and service integrity solutions for campus systems.
• The ISA will be responsible for establishing security standards for mobile device management technologies and services.
• The ISA will be responsible for the University’s Certificate Authority and the management of SSL certificates across campus.
• The ISA will be responsible for working closely with the computer emergency response teams, various law enforcement agencies and assist in management of information security incidents.
• The ISA will be responsible for recommendation of enterprise wide-enforcement of campus information technology policies using centralized tools including active directory group policies.
• The ISA will be responsible for providing information in response to federal, state and system audit requests relating to the management of implemented technologies.
Additional responsibilities will include threat modeling, coordination and reporting of application security requirements, and strategic application security remediation. On-call security and operation support for production environment and associated locations by working with security technologies.
Provides and supports the implementation of solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders across campus; identifying needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and other duties as assigned.
Associates or Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent.
CISSP preferred. Other IT Security related certification a plus (ie. Security+, CCNP , CSIH )
1-2 years active directory based workstation management and application deployment.
1-2 years of experience in an Information security role.
Strong self starter skills with a team orientation.
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Strong documentation and organizational skills.
Mid-Level experience in technical writing, with experience in communications.
Reporting and status updates.
Complex problem solving ability.
Results oriented and resourceful towards problem solving.
General knowledge of the information security discipline, policy, procedure and discussion.
Lamar University - 4 months ago
Texas State University-San Marcos is saddled up and ready to rope some graduates. The school has more than 34,000 students pursuing degrees...