This role is a challenging opportunity for an aspiring IT professional with a keen interest in building a career in the IT security sector. As a member of the NIRT’s Cyber Intelligence Service, approximately two-thirds of the candidate’s responsibility will be monitoring vendor security vulnerability information and communicating applicable advisories to NIRT’s technical and business customers located across the United States. The remainder of the candidate’s time will be spent executing projects to further NIRT’s services which may include performing overall threat assessments, trend analysis and technology specific assessments or conducting research and development efforts that emphasis the identification of new detection capabilities for adversary’s techniques, tactics and procedures.
- Review and analyze large volumes of information from multiple vendor security vulnerability feeds.
- Determine the applicability of security vulnerabilities based on customer architecture or inventory and assess the severity of the vulnerability for customer environments.
- Clearly communicate the nature, impact and mitigations for applicable security vulnerabilities.
- Participate in customer and partner facing meetings and projects.
- Communicate and interact directly with other staff to ensure optimal individual and group performance.
- Maintain understanding of unit, department, and applicable Bank regulations, policies and procedures.
- Execute tasks or lead small projects as needed.
- Location: Head Office or East Rutherford Operations Center (flexible)
- Telecommuting: Available
- Work Schedule: Day shift
- 1-2 years working in IT security, preferably with hands-on experience evaluating potential security vulnerabilities, or educational equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience executing project assignments from inception to delivery.
- Dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information security landscape.
- Working understanding of
Common Vulnerability Scoring System
- Ability to understand strategic objectives and vision, and work towards those goals.
- Good communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and leadership skills, and the ability to work effectively with clients and IT management and staffs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain National Security Clearance.
- Experience with Perl, Python, scripting, or other languages.
- Knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows Server or other operating systems.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, TCP/IP protocols and packet analysis.
- Comprehensive understanding of networking protocols and infrastructure designs; including routing, firewall functionality, host and network intrusion detection systems, encryption, load balancing, and other network protocols.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and experience in security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications and network protocols or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Federal Reserve Bank of New York - 19 months ago
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York works within the Federal Reserve System and with other public and private sector institutions to foster...