ATI is seeking a Senior Level Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) to support one of our largest intel community programs. To qualify, you must carry and maintain an active and current Top Secret/SCI clearance with a Polygraph. US Citizenship is required!
The ISSE is the next level of support for the ISSO team and collaborates with both the ISSM and internal Security Engineering and Assessment Team lead. The candidate will provide escalation point for resolving complex network problems requiring extended skills and extensive research. The candidate will also serve as a mentor to junior ISSE/ISSO personnel and provide knowledge transfer with peers.
The Information Systems Security Engineer will provide security services and work with ISSEs and security architects/developers in the implementation of information security for the proper handling of data to ensure Information Assurance (IA) as well as the enforcement of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures. The candidate will be responsible for the development of security related documentation to meet the requirements set for the systems by adhering to ICD 503 and CNSSI 1253 standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Defining and implementing security requirements and objectives
- Security architecture and design review
- Developing mitigation strategies to harden the system
- Conducting vulnerability testing on existing client infrastructure and new technologies to identify vulnerabilities using security tools such as NESSUS and port scanning tool NMAP
- Reviewing and updating the System Security Plan (SSP)
- Managing and controlling changes to the system, and assessing the security Plan
- Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) management and tracking
- Incident handling support
Essential Job Functions:
- Identifies security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives. Provides technical support in the development, testing and operation of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, enterprise anti-virus and software deployment tools.
- Conducts complex security architecture analysis to evaluate and mitigate issues. Develops policies and procedures for securing the system infrastructure and applications.
- Develops complex technical and programmatic assessments, evaluates engineering and integration initiatives and provides complex technical support to assess security policies, standards and guidelines. Develops, implements, enforces and communicates security policies and/or plans for data, software applications, hardware and telecommunications.
- Performs highly complex product evaluations, recommends and implements products/services for network security. Validates and tests complex security architecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications with recommended vendor technologies.
- Identifies and oversees the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration change(s) that affects security.
- Provides complex technical oversight and enforcement of security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures at server sites. Develops manuals and ensures system support personnel receive/maintain security awareness and training.
- Assesses the impact on the business unit/customer caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and reports to senior management.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
Automation Technologies, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Automation Technologies, Inc. - 6 months ago
Fort George G Meade, MD
- 8 days ago
ATI provides consulting services in three operational groups that supports the successful transformation of Government agencies and...