The Department of Public Works is seeking to fill an Information Systems Analyst to function as a member of the Enterprise Asset Management Group in the Technology Services Section. The primary role of this position is to act as the technical lead supporting and managing two fully implemented Activity Based Costing Asset Management Relational Databases, their respective applications (FleetFocus and EquipmentFocus by AssetWorks), and performing all duties necessary for maintaining, supporting, and optimizing systems.
This position must ensure business processes for users are documented and that systems meet customer expectations. This position is responsible for ongoing user training, report creation, user administration, systems support, maintenance, programming efforts, and must maintain excellent customer relations. This is a professional level position in the IT professional management series and could be expected to act in a supervisory role.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a dynamic environment and can effectively perform operational tasks in addition to implementing projects. The position will function with minimum supervision and must be a critical thinker and effective decision maker regarding database application, policy, and procedure. Written and verbal communication skills are very important since this position will be point of contact for internal customer technical support, client and division staff training, and Assetworks Technical Support. This new position will mainly focus on duties outlined above, but may be responsible at any time for new system implementation.
Typical duties include but are not limited to the following four categories:
1) Manage/Develop an Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) class Fleet Application
a) Maintain FleetFocus, FuelFocus, and EquipmentFocus by AssetWorks in working and updated condition.
b) Coordinate with Technical Staff to ensure hardware is maintained and updated.
c) Ensure all business processes used in the Fleet EAM are documented and maintained.
d) Work cooperatively with users to modify existing Fleet EAM application as needed to accommodate new business needs.
2) Data Management
a) Regularly complete Performance Measure Data gathering/analysis
b) Support the Annual Parts Inventory and reconciliation
c) Validate data and users throughout the applications and from various sites
a) Manage report inventory (examples include but not limited to Fixed Assets Inventory and Green Vision Reporting), eliminating or consolidating reports as needed to keep active reports relevant to current business needs.
b) Maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and dashboard quick-glance performance review mechanisms
c) Create new Crystal reports with high degree of complexity in assisting Fleet Division staff with their business process needs.
d) Presents, communicates, and articulates technically advanced information to all levels of the organization (including technical and non-technical personnel, outside vendors, Senior Leadership).
a) Provide regular and ongoing application training to Fleet Division staff both new and existing users.
b) Document training plans and attendance.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to:
1. Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant such as Business, Accounting, Computer Sciences, Engineering or related field.
2. Experience: Four (4) years of progressively responsible professional/journey level experience of which at least two (2) years have been at a level comparable to a Senior Systems Applications Programmer (SrSAP) or Network Engineer (NE) with the City of San José.
SrSAP/NE level experience is usually considered to include lead technical work in the development, implementation and maintenance of communications or computer systems. Lead employees assign and monitor work; evaluate employees, provide guidance and direction to lower level employees; determine work priorities; and train staff.
Acceptable substitutions: Additional years of increasingly responsible directly related work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis. Completion of a Master's Degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required two years of experience.
3. Licensing Requirements: Positions in this class may require:
-Valid California Driver's License.
4. Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Dept. of Labor.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable competencies for this position include:
- Job Expertise - demonstrates knowledge of and experience with applicable professional/technical principles and practices of Fleet EAM application management, Citywide and departmental procedures/policies and federal and state rules and regulations.
This position requires proficiency in:
- Asset management coding logic used in asset management applications and relational databases
- Applying standard auditing procedures including corrective editing for ensuring data integrity within relational databases,
- Creating, analyzing, and preparing presentation level reports used for trend, forecast, and asset performance analysis
- Oracle Relational Database operation, maintenance and backup
- Writing SQL statements
- Creating Crystal Reports
This position requires Advanced level proficiency in:
- Advanced level proficiency in the MS Office Suite of tools with heavy emphasis on Access, Excel, and Word
This position requires the ability to:
- Analyze, evaluate and formally document work flow processes
- Write Standard Operating Procedures and Policies
- Apply the general principles of public administration, including budget, finance, accounting, business statistics and business modeling
- Collaboration - develops networks and builds alliances; engages in cross-functional activities.
- Communication Skills - communicates and listens effectively and responds in a timely, effective, positive and respectful manner; written reports and correspondence are accurate, complete, current; well-organized, legible, concise, neat, and in proper grammatical form.
- Customer Service - approaches problem-solving by focusing on customers first; advocates for customer results point of view; demonstrates the ability to anticipate customers' needs and deliver services effectively and efficiently in a timely, accurate, respectful and friendly manner.
- Problem Solving - approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue; determines the significance of problem(s); collects information; uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
- Project Management - ensures support for projects and implements agency goals and strategic objectives.
- Supervision - sets effective long and short-term goals based on a good understanding of management practices; establishes realistic priorities within available resources.
- Team Work & Interpersonal Skills - demonstrates a positive attitude and flexibility along with the ability to develop effective relationships with co-workers and supervisors by helping others accomplish tasks.
- Technical Credibility - appropriately applies procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies to related service delivery or regulatory activities. Automotive Technology or certification/licensing in an automotive technology program of over 18 months or Certified Automotive Fleet Manager (CAFM) designation preferred.
The selection process will consist of an evaluation of the applicant's training and experience based on the application and responses to the Job Specific Questions. Only the candidates whose backgrounds best match the position will be invited to proceed in the selection process. Additional phases of the selection process will consist of one or more interviews, one of which may include a practical/writing exercise.
You will be prompted to answer the following job-specific questions during the online application process:
1. Do you have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field? If yes, provide the title of the type of degree or major and the institution where it was obtained.
2. Do you have four years of progressively responsible professional/journey level experience, of which at least two years have been at a level comparable to a Senior Systems Applications Programmer (SrSAP), Enterprise Network Engineer (ENE), Senior Communications Technician (SrComTech), or Senior Electronics Systems Technician (SrElecSysTech) with the City of San José? If yes, please describe where, when, and what experience you obtained.
3. Do you have experience in project or team management? If yes, please describe your experience, including the technical team structure, project scope, your role and responsibilities and the number of employees you have led.
4. Do you have experience writing or troubleshooting SQL statements to read from or write to an Oracle database? If yes, please describe your experience including purpose, for what application, and frequency of use.
5. Do you have experience resolving enterprise application or database challenges? If yes, please describe the enterprise application or database challenges you have encountered in your professional work, your role and responsibilities and how you resolved the challenges.
6. Do you have experience in Fleet Enterprise Asset Management, FleetFocus, FuelFocus, Equipment Focus, Crystal Report, and application staff training? If yes, please describe your experience.
You may answer these questions directly in the on-line application system or on a separate document and then cut and paste your answers into the appropriate spaces when prompted.
You must answer all job-specific questions in order to be considered for this vacancy or your application will be deemed incomplete and withheld from further consideration.
If you have questions about the duties of these positions, the selection or hiring processes, please contact Laura Black by email at Laura.Black@sanjoseca.gov.
Submission of a resume is optional. The Education History and Work History sections of the application must be completed or the application will be considered to be incomplete and may be withheld from further consideration.
E-mail is the default method of communication with applicants. To ensure that you receive timely notification regarding your application status, please provide a current e-mail address when submitting your application. It is also recommended that you adjust any spam filters to ensure that you can receive e-mails from @sanjoseca.gov.
The application deadline is11:59 PM on the final filing date. Please allow adequate time to complete the application and submit before the deadline or the system may not save your application.
If your online application was successfully submitted, you will receive an automatic confirmation email to the email address you provided. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE CONFIRMATION, please email CityJobs@sanjoseca.gov and we will research the status of your application.
Employees in this classification are represented by City Association of Management Personnel (CAMP).
City of San Jose - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard