Hewlett-Packard is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. The HP Enterprise Services delivers the industry's broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to HP Enterprise Services area for the mission-focused experience to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
Based on overwhelming demand from our clients, our CoSC program is seeking to add an experienced Information Systems Architect V with the skills needed to provide the following duties and qualifications for this position:
Provide customer interface for operational issues affecting Navy and Marine command and control of the NMCI network
Conduct incident and problem management support.
Provide liaison and integration with Navy and marine Customer for Delivery Organizations within in Network Operations Center, Service Desk, Field Services, Cyber and Engineering support.
Provide customer interface for new solutions implemented within Network Operations Center capabilities.
Developed cost metrics supporting rate card development for IT services. Provide executive level briefings of NMCI in support of existing customer and new customer pursuits.
Assist the customer with defining new project requirements, review new engineering projects and solutions, provides detailed requirements documents to Engineering for a Level of Effort (LOE) evaluation and a starting point for further engineering efforts.
Develop, maintains, and implements global delivery processes across multiple organizations. Provides business analysis for continuous improvement and incorporates the following within Network Operation Services:
ISO 9001:2008 compliance within an Operational and Delivery Quality Management System (QMS)
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Lean Six Sigma (LSS)
Ensure that new solutions appropriately leverage existing, accredited, and certified hardware and software components.
Ensure that the solution meets customer and operational requirements.
Ensure that the solution scales appropriately, is manageable, is reliable, is secure, is accreditable, and is usable.
Evaluate and create productivity enhancements to increase Core Services quality and cost of service management.
Drives continuous improvements to current service capabilities, and provides technical resource requirements to new business initiatives.
Education and Experience Required
College Degree required or equivalent work experience
Knowledge and Skills Required (external candidates)
Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design a virtualized solution that completely and correctly addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
- Demonstrated skills and customer IT consulting experience in the US federal Government or State and Local market place
- Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of large enterprise or global solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines.
- Be able to provide architectural direction for multiple medium to large sized projects concurrently in various stages of their lifecycle or a large project full time.
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets business needs
- Be able to evaluate the effect of external factors on designed solution
- Relates risks and challenges the customer should expect to encounter with the solution with other client efforts or projects (use of internal knowledge of organization; trusted advisor relationship).
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into complete information systems (technologies, processes and people) or operational solutions.
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers.
- Broad IT industry knowledge with depth in multiple areas, Cloud Computing, servers, storage, networks and operations.
- Has pulse on future technology or operational trends as they relate to and support customer business directions ("trusted advisor" role).
- Broad knowledge of IT and business standards and best practices and how to apply the appropriately in solutions
- Ability to write Statements of Work for large enterprise or global level solutions that span multiple technologies or operational areas.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals for large enterprise or global level projects.
- Successfully works on project teams (individual success defined by how the organization works as a team, including resource and skill sharing across the organization).
- In depth knowledge of virtualization technologies including VMware ESX 3.x and 4.x, Microsoft's HyperV, Virtual Iron and other virtualization technologies.
- In depth knowledge of VMware Capacity Planner, and other discovery/modeling tools and techniques at it relates to proposing a virtualized environment.
- Knowledge of security tools and products (e.g. MacAfee, Sygate, Active Directory)
- Good understanding of Wintel architecture and exposure to Virtualization (e.g. VMWare)
- In depth knowledge of migration of performing physical to physical, physical to virtual, virtual to physical, virtual to virtual cross technologies as well as physical to image and image to virtual using native tools and third party such as the Platespin suite.
Experience with the architecting and designing of Windows desktop infrastructure projects
Implementation experience with or leading large multi location projects
Broad understanding of networking, system management, Linux and Windows operating systems in the Government market
Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal) to all management levels within customer organization
experience with application packaging for the desktop
Experience with the architecting and designing of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure projects
Knowledge and implementation experience of one or more of Citrix XenDesktop, VMware View, and Quest VDI products
Knowledge and implementation experience with one or more of VMware ESX, Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenServer, and Quest Virtualization Solutions
Knowledge and experience with the Lakeside Software and AppSense software tools
Microsoft, VMware, Citrix certifications a plus
Solid project management skills/experience
- Able to play a leadership role in business development activities for large, complex opportunities as solution architect
- Play key role in preparing proposals and bids for large, complex opportunities
- Build rapport and trust with client
- Demonstrates excellent consultative, solution selling skills. Leadership
- Makes consistent and ongoing high quality contributions HP knowledge management systems
- Excellent customer influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to strategically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
- Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply critical organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a credible image.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems into understandable business terms appropriate for the audience.
** HP does not sponsor relocation for this role **
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's Executive level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including Executive level management
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates mostly strategic and some Tactical information.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills with proven capability to represent HP at external customer and industry events
HP - 12 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...