As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 24,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
GDIT seeks an Information Systems Technician to work on a multi-year program in the Colorado Springs, CO area.
Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
4. Provides technical support and training to end-users.
5. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires HS degree.
1 year of directly related experience supporting information systems operations.
Responsible for the installation, repair, configuration and preventative maintenance of cryptographic, voice, network equipment and VTC suites/or network computer equipment. Exhibits an understanding of engineering application configurations and integration with wide area networks. Answers internal inquiries and troubleshoots software and hardware failures either in person or on the phone. Performs hardware and software moves, adds, and changes. Ensures systems and related equipment are in working condition. Maintains records on repairs, downtime changes and updates.
**Must have or obtain Security+ or higher DOD 8570 certification within six months of being on the program.**
Due to the sensitive nature of the work being done at this site, must have TS/SCI clearance to be eligible
***Must be willing and able to pass a polygraph if requested by the customer.***
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to Fernando.Caballero@gdit.com
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...