The Defense Threat Reduction Information Analysis Center (DTRIAC), located on Kirtland Air Force Base, NM; is the repository for WMD information that is available to U.S. Government Agencies, their contractors, and other authorized users. The Scientific & Technical Information Archival & Retrieval System (STARS) is a digital library system that DTRIAC uses to deliver critical information to its users. The STARS system is currently being replaced by a new Oracle-based system called Next Generation STARS (NGS) with an Apache web server and a Solr Lucene search engine.
The candidate will support a program in a small team environment to maintain and update an in-house developed scientific library and collaborative site using industry standards and best practices, as well as conducting studies and analysis in CBRNE.
Provide technical expertise in the archiving of the country’s repository of CBRNE data and studies and analyses.
Interface with the program manager, sub-contractors, and the customer to achieve mission objectives of the contract.
Assist in, as required by the Program Manager, the company’s efforts to prepare responses to the customer’s requests for task order support.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Become proficient in the use of the NGS.
- Support the Software Engineer/Web Developer, as necessary, in the development and maintenance of web pages in support of the DTRIAC mission.
- Assist in training of the archive team’s in the use of NGS.
- Provide appropriate assistance, input, and coordination in the administrative functions of the program including HR, purchasing, contracts, and reporting.
- As directed, provide support to the execution of studies and analyses.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager in support of the SOO.
- Support and work as a team with sub-contractors assigned to the team.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests by the customer, keeping the program manager informed.
- Always appropriately safeguard classified material.
- Properly document deliverables.
- Be conscious of, and promptly report, all incidents of fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Keep the program manager informed, provide routine feedback, and prepare and submit, in a timely manner, reports and input to reports required by company management.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- High school diploma. Bachelor’s degree desirable, associate’s degree highly desirable.
- At least three years of relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral, and the ability to work well within a team that includes technical and scientific personnel, consisting of contractors and government staff.
- Applicant selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to access classified information.
- Experience working with DTRIAC/DTRA is strongly desired.
- 2 years ago - save job