UALR Functional Title
Information Technology Coordinator / P98290
Center-Applied Studies in Education
The Information Technology Coordinator will be housed at the Arkansas Department of Education’s Special Education Unit ( ADE SEU ) and will direct and supervise the work of extra labor and SEU contract programming staff in the creation and maintenance of web-based applications. This is a twelve month grant-funded position and employment is contingent upon continued funding.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, direct and supervise contract programmers and other assigned employees Arkansas Department of Education’s Special Education Unit ( ADE SEU ).
- Utilize project management applications to managing projects, database development, and other daily operations of ADE SEU .
- Provide project technology cost and time estimates.
- Resolve network problems and provide technical assistance to users.
- Analyze and install new personal computer systems and upgrade existing personal computer systems.
- Investigate hardware problems and perform minor system hardware repairs (Major issues are handled by the main technology office.
- Serve as webmaster for the ADE SEU .
- Develop and update the content for the organization’s web site including improvements or enhancements.
- Assist with training of LEAs on the student management special education modules.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of information systems hardware and software.
- Technical knowledge in all areas of applications programming, system design, as well as update, storage, and retrieval methods.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL , SQL Analyzer, HTML , . ASPX , .net and various reporting software such as Cognos, Crystal Reports, SQL reporting services
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and techniques.
- Ability to plan, direct and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to ascertain technology cost and time estimates.
- Ability to resolve network problems and offer technical assistance to users.
- Ability to develop and update the content for the organization’s web site including improvements or enhancements.
- Ability to analyze and install new personal computer systems and upgrade existing personal computer systems.
- Ability to work at non- UALR work sites.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive between UALR campuses and assigned work sites.
Required Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related field with 2 years of experience in information technology, systems analysis, or data processing.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree preferred with previous experience working with education data sets.
Background Check Requirements
02 - Criminal/Sex
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Occasionally, Kneeling: Occasionally, Crawling: Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Occasionally, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Carrying 10-25 lbs: Occasionally, Pushing/pulling 5-10 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Daily, Walking - Long Distances; Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal and sex offender registry background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is an internal to campus posting and is open to all current UALR benefits eligible employees only.
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -