Nature of Position:
The Information Technology Specialist provides management of and support for the association’s information systems in a Microsoft and Google Apps Environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Manages development of information systems, including but not limited to
- System and network administration in Microsoft Windows Server and XP/2007 environment
- Assists with developing plans for and implementing/operating information technology
- Manages purchasing of information technology
- Assists in the inventory and asset management of all computer related equipment
- Installs software and upgrades hardware for the association’s local area network
- Manages LAN/WAN activities with Active Server Directory, DNS, DHCP, VPN
- Provides user support for information technology
- Provides ongoing training to staff to ensure proficiency in association software
Database administration in Microsoft SQL Server environment
- Assists with database management, optimization, and testing
- Assists with data output, including advanced reporting using Crystal Reports and SQL query tools
Web Administration in Google Apps environment
- Manages multiple web server administration to facilitate information dissemination and reporting
- Provides continuing hardware/software maintenance and user support for all web sites/systems
- Maintains Microsoft SQL Server databases for secure web applications
- Manages email operations in a Google Apps environment
- Identifies emerging technologies and makes recommendations regarding implementation.
Other duties as assigned
Position requires BA/BS degree and 2-years similar experience, (system design, maintenance, operations, and user support for computer systems, databases, networks, and commercial applications). Equivalent work experience may be substituted for a degree. Must be proficient in SQL and familiar with Microsoft Office and Crystal Reports in a Microsoft environment. Strong problem solving and communications and training skills, organizational skills, association experience required. Must be self-motivated and a team player with the ability to work in a progressive creative environment.