Posting Title |
Infrastructure Architect – Hands on Lab
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers.
VMware is looking for an Infrastructure Architect; this is a highly visible position for an enthusiastic person with strong technical datacenter infrastructure skills, and a passion for virtualization technology. You will leverage your infrastructure skills to support Technical Marketing and the Hands on Labs initiative. HOL is a self-service portal with self-paced labs featuring VMware products. These labs are currently featured at events such as VMworld, Partner Exchange, and regional vForums. The VMware Hands-on Labs provides an easy to use platform for learning about VMware's latest products and solutions.
Technical Marketing at VMware provides the bridge between the company's marketing efforts and its engineering knowledge. The members of technical marketing group are expected to be virtualization experts as well as evangelists who have a commanding understanding of VMware’s technologies and know how to integrate them into end to end solutions that address the business and IT challenges of our customers. The group is responsible for the technical enablement of the VMware field, partners and customers.
- Development of a long-range technology roadmap and architecture in all relevant operational technology domains to deliver Infrastructure needed to run Hands on Lab.
- To ensure the design and implementation of the operating environment is highly reliable, scalable, supportable, and cost effective
- To identify, design and/or develop tools for operating and managing the infrastructure
- Drive operational efficiency requirements
- 8 + years of relevant IT experience
- 3 years practical experience with Cloud infrastructure
- An understanding of server platforms and storage architectures is required
- At least 5 years practical experience with VMware vSphere Suite
- VCP Required. VCDX preferred
- Comprehensive operational knowledge of all major technology areas in use (Storage, Networking, Servers, and core software)
- Extreme motivation and interest to embrace new technologies and learn new skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly express ideas in written and verbal form effectively
- BS in Computer Science or related technical degree required, or equivalent experience
Phoenix, AZ, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position?
VMware - 14 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...