Responsible for the design, implementation, management, and Level 3 support of WilmerHale’s server, desktop and remote access technical infrastructure. Focuses on optimizing stability, availability, reliability, and performance. Monitors and controls server processes, and implements system security to provide stable and secure systems platforms. Assists with the implementation of new or additional server/desktop and remote access technology to improve infrastructure service, both locally and remotely. Assists with resource and workload management and capacity planning. Effectively manages server equipment life-cycles, providing input into budget preparation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Provides full design, planning, configuration, documentation, deployment and top-level support ownership of the following infrastructure technologies:
- Server provisioning, visualization and management;
- Desktop OS and software application deployment using enterprise tools and processes such as SMS 2003;
- Client extranet, portal and remote access using VPN, SSL, Citrix and other web-based systems.
- Working with the Infrastructure Services Manager develops documented firm standards for the above areas of technology and ensures that adherence to those standards is monitored and followed by all members of the Systems Infrastructure group.
- Assists in maintaining a testing environment for development.
- Maintains awareness of technology developments and makes recommendations to Infrastructure Services Manager.
- Participates in negotiations of software licensing and support agreements.
- Participates in cross-functional team projects to implement new or updated technology.
- Assists with resolution of escalated incidents and participates in problem management activities.
- Cross-trains other IT staff in the use or maintenance of technology.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Contributes to the Firm’s ServiceMatters initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Mastery-level knowledge of multiple technology areas, as listed above.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills as necessary to communicate and coordinate with others on both routine and non-routine matters.
- Ability to effectively lead and develop others in their work and to resolve problems independently in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
- Ability to work successfully with minimal supervision in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Demonstrated ability to make significant decisions and recommendations on complex issues to achieve long-term results and strategic objectives.
- Experience working in high-pressure professional services organization or other similar organization requiring attention to detail and sensitivity to confidential and proprietary information.
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years experience in networking, operating systems, and enterprise systems integration with significant specialization in multiple areas of technology including Microsoft operating system and Active Directory design/troubleshooting, multi-tier database application infrastructure design and support, server virtualization and management, business continuance and disaster recovery processes and policy, remote access design and management, software application and desktop operating system deployment technologies.