This role will serve as a liaison between Health Plan and the employer groups to develop and analyze utilization reports and make recommendations based on the group needs. Will work as a liaison between Health Plan and other key business areas (Actuarial, MBM, FLRX, etc.) to create a multidisciplinary team approach in order to have a centralized reporting team that can recommend actionable items that will lead to potential cost savings or quality improvements for the employer groups. Act as a mentor to more junior teammates and constantly seek opportunities to improve IC team functioning while examining corporate wide trends and preparing this information to enable both senior management and our external customers to better understand, evaluate and decide potential actions on probable impact.
• Serves as a primary employer group contact for informational and consulting needs
• Serves as a liaison between BI team and other internal business areas
• Creates unified strategies with internal departments that meet our clients needs
• Creates account management teams for VIP groups to meet regularly
• Understand clients organizational needs
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
In addition to all level I responsibilities:
• Communicates the benefits of the BI environment to executives and users
• Develops marketing and communication programs
• Aids in development of future analytical solutions
• Correlates clients needs with available solutions
In addition to all level II responsibilities;
• Develops and analyze process flow documents and reports based on department procedures
• Aid in developing less senior team members
• Regular reviews industry trends in information
• Leads clients to new insight into opportunities
• Acts as a mentor to more junior teammates and constantly seek opportunities to improve IC team functioning
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years experience in health care information and analysis, required. Master’s degree or higher preferred.
• Must have a strong analytic background
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills
• Knowledge of Sales and Marketing preferred with the ability to do impactful presentations
• Excellent interpersonal skills including both written and oral communication
• Must be able to work independently or as a team
• Ability to interact with internal and external customers and with all levels of management
• Identify adverse trends and unusual practice patterns within reports
• Knowledge of healthcare trends, design of data warehouses, financial arrangements, benefit design and their impact on utilization
• Must be able to deliver timely production and ad-hoc reports with finding recommendations to employer groups
In addition to all Level I requirements:
• Masters degree or advanced level certification highly desired with a minimum of 5 years experience in health care information and analysis.
• Knowledge of healthcare trends and opportunities
• Strong communication and presentation skills
In addition to all level II requirements:
• Masters degree or advanced level certification required with a minimum of 7 years experience in health care information and analysis
• Must have the ability to lead a multidisciplinary account consulting team.
• Ability to lead knowledge and discussion around healthcare and other global compensation offerings
• Must excel in presentation and communication skills
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 23 months ago