Scientific and technological innovation is at the heart of bioMérieux's strategy. A world leader in the field of in vitro diagnostics for over 45 years, bioMérieux designs, develops, produces, and markets diagnostic systems for medical and industrial applications. bioMérieux's solutions (reagents, instruments, and software) are used to determine the source of disease and contamination to improve patient health and ensure consumer safety.
To fulfill its mission to improve public health worldwide, bioMérieux is present in more than 150 countries through 39 subsidiaries. Its world headquarters are located in the Lyon area in France.
We are committed to creating an optimal work environment that fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international career development opportunities.
Injection Molding/Tooling Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance coordination of injection molding and injection-blow molding tooling. The candidate will manage and lead these projects to completion by coordinating the efforts and activities of suppliers and internal cross-functional teams.
The candidate will plan, coordinate and execute projects internally and at suppliers related to mold tooling, molding processes/controls, post molding robotics and inspection equipment. The position will be responsible for driving continuous improvement projects to reduce part costs by improving productivity and reducing scrap. In addition the candidate will coordinate the validation activities for new and existing molds and auxiliary equipment by establishing process parameters, implementing PM plans and supporting the establishment of required documents.
In addition to the above responsibilities the position will support established processes by working with operations personnel to diagnose issues that cannot be solved with basic troubleshooting techniques.
Function as a Project Manager, Team Leader or as a team member on cross-functional teams to innovate, design, and develop solutions to new and existing product packaging challenges.
· Plans and coordinates activities concerned with molding and manufacturing of Plastic packaging containers used in the medical device industry.
· Specify and/or purchase molds, equipment, tooling, and fixtures for new and existing processes.
· Plan, implement and coordinate improvements to existing molds, equipment and processes.
· Analyze Product requirements and engineering specifications to determine the best approach for molding and sustained manufacturing.
· Consults with Suppliers as well as Purchasing, Industrialization and Finance departments to determine costs and feasibility of producing a proposed design or design change.
· Recommend designs, design modifications and materials for reliable performance.
· Coordinate testing with internal and external testing resources to evaluate technical solutions against requirements.
· Support the Change Control process, including part drawing modifications, material specifications and all other related paperwork.
· Support new product development by contributing technical expertise to the development team.
The Plastics/Materials Engineer will assume a technical leadership role in the design, analysis and implementation of new and existing products related to the containment packaging of complex reagents used in medical diagnostics industry. The candidate will be required to work within a matrix organization in a diverse multi-cultural business setting.
· A Bachelor’s (BS) Degree in Mechanical, Materials and/or Plastics Engineering is required; an advanced degree would be preferred.
· Credible Candidates will have 15+ Years experience working with advanced materials in an injection/blow molding product plastics/packaging environment.
· Incumbent will have demonstrated project management skills.
· Experience supporting manufacturing operations is required including interaction with suppliers.
· Candidate must be proficient in product/process Validation and statistical analysis.
· Knowledge in the area of FDA Quality System Requirements (QSR’s) is a strong plus.
· An appropriate combination of experience and education will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Biomerieux - 9 months ago
bioMérieux is a leading international diagnostics group that specialises in the field of in vitro diagnostics for clinical and...