Unilever is one of the largest multi-nationals Food, Personal Products and Homecare companies in the world. The dressings category is among the largest Food categories with a dynamic portfolio of Innovations designed to drive continued growth of the category.
The Dressings Innovation Planner role reports to the Supply Chain Innovation Manager for Spreads and Dressings, and is responsible for all Hellman’s and Wishbone
innovations and VIP projects.
The role is designed to work with Brand Development and the cross functional innovation planning teams (IPT's), managing Innovation and Rejuvenation projects to an On Time In Full (OTIF) launch into the Market. This includes development and maintenance of timelines with the combined project team for each project, as well as conflict resolution as issues arise on projects that threaten OTIF delivery. Full support for relevant VIP initiatives is also in scope.
The main responsibilities of the Innovation Planner include:
- Work with Innovation Project Manager (PM) to support all key innovation projects.
- Timeline maintenance with inputs from broader project team to ensure key milestones are achieved on time in full.
- Represent SC in Innovation Meetings in absence of Innovation Project Manager and on assigned projects.
- Update risk management plans aligned to development of Risk plan with project team
- Evaluate risk and escalate to Innovation PM or SC Management when necessary.
- Issue monthly Innovation Tracker and other periodic Reports
- Lead the IPT's through the Gate Move Checklists when Projects are ready to request the RCLT for approval to advance.
- Review the RQS with the IPT's prior to Gate Moves.
- BSc degree in Logistics, Engineering or other Technical discipline is preferred.
- 5 years experience in production planning, supply chain or R&D.
- Strong project management experience (2+ yrs)
- Experience with SAP as well as a working knowledge of Unilever's Systems and Innovation management tools is also desirable.
- Less than 10% travel.
Organizational skills, time management and attention to detail are key success factors. Experience working across all functions is a key aspect to the role. In particular, building strong relationships with Brand Development is a critical success factor. Holding cross functional team members accountable for on time delivery of their tasks supporting projects is core to the role.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora,...