The Inpatient Coordinator will facilitate the coordination of the inpatient diabetes consultation program to ensure timely care and service. Also supports some additional revenue cycle activities.
This position is 16 hours/week and the hours are Saturday and Sunday (and some misc holidays) 8:30 am -5:00 pm.
The work can be done remotely (would require a phone (ability to block calls out) and computer with internet connectivity) or on-site.
- Responsible for functions associated with creation of medical records in the patient registration system for patients needing an inpatient consultation.
- Verifies demographic information via the inpatient registration system for new Joslin patients Creates appointments as necessary to allow for proper documentation in the Joslin electronic medical record
- Serves as the administrative contact and liaison for inpatient providers
- Updates pager numbers to insure pages go to covering provider
Revenue Cycle Activities
- Data and charge entry
- Payment posting
- Referral management
- Verification of patient demographics and insurance
- Other miscellaneous revenue cycle work as appropriate.
- HS diploma, Associates degree in a related field preferred
- 2+ years’ healthcare experience none
- Experience with windows operating systems, Excel
- Experience with automated medical record and registration/scheduling systems preferred
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Employment Opprotunity M/F/D/V