This position is for our mortgage division TruHome Solutions
For a closer look at our mortgage group, also view TruHomesolutions.com
Entry into Mortgage Sales. This position/program will teach the basics of mortgage lending and will develop into an Inside Originator with TruHome Solutions.
Responsible for various duties relating to the origination of all mortgage loan applications. Ensures that all mortgage loan policies and procedures, state and federal laws and regulations are being adhered to.
1. Coordinates the origination of all first mortgage loan applications and assists in the consummation of their ultimate closing.
2. High focus on determining the member’s financial needs and cross sells the appropriate credit union mortgage loan product while concentrating on developing member relationships.
3. Facilitates the member’s mortgage loan application and ensures that the compilation of the member’s information is accurate and complete.
4. Works directly with appropriate title companies to obtain preliminary costs associated with the mortgage loan transaction.
5. Ensures that all preliminary mortgage disclosures are complete and accurate and are distributed to the member as required by appropriate compliance regulations.
6. Cross sells appropriate credit union products and services not related to the mortgage loan application.
7. Understands and applies savings policies, procedures and dividend rates to appropriate sales opportunities.
8. Makes recommendations on all mortgage and consumer loan applications.
9. Assists in developing new procedures to ensure the most efficient operations within the department.
10. Assists the credit union with required technical expertise with regard to real estate activities.
11. Communicates both verbally and in writing to member inquiries pertaining to all functions related to the mortgage loan process.
12. Assists in determining individual and departmental goals.
13. Promotes honest and open communication throughout the credit union.
14. Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with the credit union’s values, philosophies, and leadership characteristics.
15. Work with other credit union departments to insure the workflow or process is providing the best service to the members.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Comprehensive knowledge of real estate law and title insurance.
2. Extensive knowledge of regulations governing real estate, including Regulations B, C, X, Z and the Fair Housing Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
3. Knowledge of Fannie Mae/Secondary Market underwriting guidelines and eligibility requirements.
4. Experience utilizing a PC-based loan management system which utilizes pipeline tracking and management capabilities.
5. Demonstrates a strong degree of sales aptitude.
6. Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
7. Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict and miscommunications.
8. Knowledge of spreadsheet software and ability to use word processing software.
9. Must be able to be bonded and pass appropriate state mortgage licensing requirements.
In this position, individual will be expected to lift up to 20 pounds from time to time.
Also, must be able to stoop, bend, reach, or stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to sit and use a computer for extended periods of time.
This position is expected to work in general office environment and must have automobile to travel within the local area and be able to attend various schools, seminars and workshops as required.
A four-year college degree is desirable but not required. Retail/customer service or outside sales experience is ideal. State and Federal certification are also desired but not required at time of hire. TruHome will help with classroom training for Mortgage cerification. Appropriate experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
CommunityAmerica Credit Union - 12 months ago
CommunityAmerica is the parent organization to the financial institutions known as TWA Credit Union and Yellow Financial Credit Union. It...