Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, BlueLinx Corporation is a leading distributor of building products in North America. Employing approximately 1,900 people, BlueLinx offers greater than 10,000 products from over 750 suppliers to service approximately 11,500 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The company operates its distribution business from sales centers in Atlanta and Denver, and its network of approximately 56 distribution centers. Additional information about BlueLinx can be found on its website at www.BlueLinxCo.com .
Position Purpose Summary :
Commodity Trader with experience in trading lumber and panels. Serves as an inside sales representative for existing accounts through inbound and outbound telephone calls. Facilitates all aspects of the sales process to include identifying new opportunities; developing sales solutions; closing sales opportunities; negotiating pricing; providing outstanding customer service and follow-up. Has product management responsibilities that encompass pricing, promotion, marketing and forecasting activities for a specialty product category. Partners with outside sales to ensure sales efforts are maximized and opportunities uncovered.
Provides outstanding customer service and post sales satisfaction, facilitating long-term relationships for repeat business
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Commodity Trader with assigned product responsibility such as promoting product to other inside sales employees, assisting in product pricing, building vendor relationships, developing promotional literature and providing local sales plans/forecasts, purchasing decisions and market intelligence.
- Identifies new sales opportunities with existing customers. Maximizes sales efforts by focusing sales time on largest most profitable opportunities (may include segmenting account list and creating customer / product sales plans).
- Improves profitability, product penetration and product mix with all customers.
- Qualifies sales opportunities through market / customer research and teaming with outside sales representatives.
- Develops sales solutions and competitive pricing strategies. Communicates value proposition to customers. Proposes sales solutions to customers and reevaluates solutions where necessary.
- Closes sales opportunities by gaining purchase orders and executing all order fulfillment procedures.
Good planning, organization, communication, problem solving and decision-making. Knowledge of the organization’s policies. A solid level of knowledge is needed in account management, scheduling, customer support and service, product knowledge, product pricing, sales support, warehousing, distribution, transportation and records management. Possesses strong telephone skills with the ability to identify key issues, evaluate facts and recommend appropriate action. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant sales systems technology.
Years of experience: 0-7+ years experience with BS / BA or equivalent industry experience preferred; 0-5+ year experience with MS / MA / MBA.
BlueLinx Corporation - 21 months ago