An Associate Account Representative educates and sells energy efficiency and warranty products and services to utility customers. Our mission is to provide peace of mind to our customers around the safe and efficient operation of their household equipment and appliances. Their sales and service expertise is leveraged for success on a six time JD Power award winning team. Candidates with previous sales and customer service experience (preferably in a call center) enjoy a professional and fast paced environment at Nicor National. During the first 90 days of employment, Associate Account Reps are in a training program designed to increase their overall effectiveness. They learn how to sell energy efficiency products and services in a blended environment, while learning how to manage inbound customer service/sales calls. During the 90-day program, Associate Account Reps trainees work closely with facilitators, coaches and supervisors to achieve critical milestones and pass the required assessments.
- Selling energy-related products and services to residential customers following quality standards and scripting processes and procedures as trained and documented in the company policy and procedure manual.
- When assigned, the Representative may also perform utility start and transfer service following designated utility standards
- Account Representatives are expected to navigate multiple computer systems efficiently and accurately enter data accurately, recording transactions and data, while continuing to resolve customer needs.
- Depending on the program or client, the Account Representative must have a thorough understanding of utility move and transfer processes and requirements as well as a thorough knowledge of the benefits of our suite of products and services
Reflects our company Values in behavior and actions and contributes to our positive, results-driven culture
Account Representatives need to possess the ability to work independently within a large group or team, and be comfortable with coaching feedback and monitoring of calls.
Possess the sales and service skills to create positive memories for our customers with each interaction
- Create and maintain personal/team sales goals daily, weekly, monthly.
- Maintain and exceed client and customer expectations through professional telephone interaction on inbound calls, additionally offer existing customers additional products and services.
- High School diploma or GED
Related Work Experience:
- Associate Degree, some college courses
- Total number of work years experience in a given area can be less than 6 months
- Previous sales and customer service experience with a proven track record of success
Specific Skills& Knowledge:
- Specific call center experience, not required.
- Previous work experience in a fast paced environment using written and verbal communication.
- Experience with accurately capturing details of phone conversation on paper and in a computer application.
- Experience with direct selling or suggestive selling preferred, but not required.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Solid computer navigation knowledge and proficient typing skills (25 wpm plus) (technical, computer etc)
- Account Representatives must be familiar with how to use a computer and navigate between multiple computer applications
- Have the ability to talk and type accurately at the same time, and read/follow computer guided scripting.
- Account Representatives may sit or stand, but are required to remain at their desks except for scheduled lunch and breaks.
- Office Environment
AGL Resources - 19 months ago
AGL Resources brings its resources to customers in seven states through its fleet of utilities. Its Nicor Gas unit has 2.2 million customers...