Accellion is a global leader in secure file sharing solutions. Accellion provides enterprise-class secure collaboration and managed file transfer solutions that provide the ease-of-use employees need, while giving the enterprise organization the security protection it needs. More than 1,600 enterprise organizations, representing seven million business users worldwide rely on Accellion solutions to help keep their enterprise information secure and ensure compliance. Founded in 1999, Accellion is a privately held company headquartered in Palo Alto, California with offices in North America, Asia and Europe.
The Sales Development Team is part of the Inside Sales organization at Accellion. The team is responsible for calling Open and Marketing Qualified Leads through outbound activities (calls, emails, etc.), supported via defined process and tools. The tasks result in helping to build a sales pipeline and generating revenue for the sales organization. The SDR will be responsible for lead development for small and enterprise-size companies. The Accellion Inside Sales Team resides in our Palo Alto office and is growing.
Reporting to the Director of Inside Sales, the Sales Development Representative will act as the first contact for many prospects in Accellion’s business with inbound and outbound calls. This person qualifies Accellion’s prospects and schedules meetings that result in quality leads for the Accellion Sales Force (Inside and Field). This person is responsible for meeting assigned targets in their assigned territory. They will diligently work leads as assigned in a pro-active manner. The SDR position is not a closing role.
- Execute timely follow up on website inquiries, marketing qualified leads, lead referrals, product information requests, inbound emails, inbound phone inquiries and educate prospects on Accellion’s value proposition.
- Effectively qualify and develop prospects using a consistent inbound/outbound calling contact process, lead qualification process, lead rating system, and sales process to attain weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual objectives.
- Responsible for the identification of relevant new business opportunities and design "go-to-market" plan to deliver measurable and significant revenues.
- Use Salesforce.com and Marketo to record all Sales activities to ensure accurate history, including tasks, leads, deals, and all follow-up activities.
- Maintain average call volume of 50 calls per day (this is a mix of calling on new leads, existing relationships, as well as Opportunity Management tasks). Maintain average daily prospect talk time of 3.5 hours per day.
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Accellion’s products, industry trends, and competition.
- A consistent track record of success in meeting and exceeding sales pipeline development goals.
- Sale of a solution to corporate IT departments; ideally one related to email, security, or similar technologies that relate to our file sharing solution.
- The candidate will work from our Palo Alto office every day without exception.
- Ability to demonstrate time management, telesales skills, knowledge of Accellion’s products and services (training provided), and communicating to C-Level executives.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com or other CRM solution, MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) and/or Google Docs
- Goal oriented individual with superior written and communication skills using technical concepts.
- Ability to complete individual goals as well as work in a team environment.
- Two years relevant business experience preferred.
- 4-year degree required
- Obvious passion and people skills
- Prior successful sales, lead qualification and/or SaaS experience is a plus but not required
- Consistent over-achievement in past experiences and fearless to take on new challenges.
- Technically adept, experienced with web technologies
If you are interested in applying for this job, please send your resume to
- firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.
Accellion - 18 months ago