Allied Building Products
Job Requisition ID: 27174
Job Type: Inside Sales
Work Time: Regular
City: Grand Forks
State: North Dakota (US-ND)
Postal/Zip Code: 58203
As an Inside Sales Consultant for Allied Building Products, you will enjoy developing and maintaining face to face relationships with customers. You will promote and generate sales of building products from an inside sales environment while providing superior customer service.
Complete Job Description
- Receiving and processing requests directly from customers (via telephone, fax and mail) for price quotations, product availability, customer orders, material returns, billing corrections, product information, order changes, and cancellations
- Plan and implement telemarketing and prospecting objectives
- Quickly and smoothly resolve customer complaints and problems
- Engage in specialty purchasing (when applicable)
- Coordinate delivery and/or pick up of customer orders with operations teams
- Provide support to Outside Sales force (also serve as a backup for Outside Sales)
- Generate price quotations in a timely manner
- Responsible for adhering to policies of the customer financial services
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date "open order" files in computer system
- Maintain adequate supply of product samples and literature
- Adhere to pricing guidelines established by Branch Manager
- Review all orders to forecast additional customer needs
- Interact with sister branches when necessary on inventory issues and deliveries
- Work with Replenishers to achieve the best product line
- Responsible for cash reconciliation of both register tape and Trend reporting documents
- Maintain strong relationships with customers
- Maintain adequate stock of Tool Rack items with accurate pricing
- Maintain adequate product stock at branch location
- Responsible for setup and maintenance of store displays
- Sustain a working technical knowledge of all available Allied products
- Review job plans and bidding documents for Taper quotes and developing project summaries for Outside Sales personnel
- Conduct regular performance reviews of Branch Dispatcher and Invoice Coordinator
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience in a position that deals directly with customers (front-line)
- Previous sales experience (building products industry preferred)
- Must be able to communicate and follow-up with co-workers, customers and vendors
- Must be able to learn and retain vast amounts of product information
What Allied offers you
- Experience in a team-based environment
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Allied Building Products is a national independent distributor specializing in commercial & residential exterior and interior building materials with over 200 locations from Hawaii to Boston. The company was founded in 1950 as a small family-operated business focusing on the metro NY/NJ region and through acquisitions across much of the United States is now established as a major industry player. We believe that our employees are our best asset and still hold true to the core values of our humble beginnings that has made us a true success.
Allied is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day.
Thank you for your interest in the Allied family. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Allied Building Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...