The Sales Manager, Networking oversees a team of coworkers responsible for driving the behavior of account managers, partners, and closing opportunities for Networking
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage a team of coworkers, including performance management, coaching and development.
- Collaborate with vendors to develop sales and marketing strategies and grow revenues and activations. Coordinate collaboration with
- Sales/Marketing/Operations around the Networking program and processes to drive improvement and efficiencies.
- Manage available resources to maximize short-term initiatives and develop longer term strategic plans in accordance with company goals.
- Source and manage external resources necessary to increase the effectiveness of the goals of the group.
- Mentoring/motivating, training and developing the members of the Networking team while also growing category metrics and achieving profit and activation growth.
- Drive profits by increasing high margin business, while bringing additional value to CDW customers
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Identify opportunities for process and strategy improvements for selling Networking products and services while collaborating with other strategic solution groups responsible for developing internal joint offerings.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors and work to identify new areas for building sales opportunities.
- Serve as the escalation point with customers to close Networking opportunities and resolve customer or partner satisfaction issues.
- Contribute to the development and execution of quarterly and annual sales and operations plans.
- Manage monthly and quarterly reporting process using metrics in these reports to better manage the business.
- Work cross-functionally to consistently develop internal and external collateral for generating customer and Account Manager’s awareness.
- Develop and maintain strong internal relationships departmentally and working to identify new areas for building Networking sales opportunities.
- Achieve profitable growth at above market rates.
- Create long term vision and build strategic plans to achieve goals.
- Manage key vendor relationships which include: contract negotiations, business planning, marketing initiatives, executive alignment, sales contests, kickoffs, and recognition programs.
- Responsible for hiring, onboarding, development and training of new coworkers. Provide support and long tern plans to retain top talent.
- Ability to travel approx 20%
Other Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Three years experience managing coworkers or equivalent experience working in a supervisory function or equivalent skills
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic skills with the ability to creatively problem solve.
- Track record of successfully managing to a budget.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders, including senior leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to engage with customers, partners and industry leaders and demonstrate ability to sell value of partnering with CDW for Networking related opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to build strategies, gain group consensus on plans, and successful execution.
- Experience building and managing goal methodology.
- General technical knowledge around Networking related products and/or services.
- Three years experience in Networking sales
CDW - 13 months ago
CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare. A Fortune 500 company, CDW features...