Posting Title Inside Sales Representative/Federal - Washington DC metro About Us VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure, two areas that consistently rank as top priorities among CIOs.
VMware delivers award-winning, customer-proven solutions that accelerate IT by reducing complexity and enabling more flexible, agile service delivery. Our solutions help organizations of all sizes, lower costs, increase business agility and ensure freedom of choice. We are searching for people who are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead to join our team of more than 9,000 employees in 40+ locations worldwide working to develop innovative solutions that deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. Having the audacity to challenge constraints and problem-solve for tomorrow starts today, and it starts with you. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division The VMware sales team and the solutions, products and services we deliver are revolutionizing data centers and the IT enterprise network. The sales team is responsible for driving new business, building customer loyalty, ensuring high product retention rates, supporting and promoting corporate strategy and initiatives, and developing and executing area business plans. The team is made up of humble top performers that foster an entrepreneurial team spirit and a team culture that promotes leaders at all levels. VMware’s executive sales leadership is hands-on, regularly engaging with the team during key parts of the sales process to win and retain accounts. The VMware sales team includes several key roles that all work together to meet a shared quota. In 2007, VMware experienced 88% year-over-year revenue growth, creating an ideal atmosphere for passionate, performance-oriented sales professionals. The VMware go-to-market plan separates our sales teams into three distinct areas: Global Accounts, Enterprise Accounts and Commercial Accounts. Job Description The Inside Sales Representative is assigned to a specific set of agencies or geographic area with an Outside Sales Representative. The Inside Sales Representatives primary role is to maximize sales in the assigned market territory through leveraging the partner sales community and the Outside Sales Representative. The primary focus is aimed at sales opportunities and accounts and is achieved by collaborating with partners to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions. It is expected that this role will increase deal win rates as well as accelerate time to close on key opportunities. If you have a passion for winning and a proven track record of success in selling enterprise software solutions, you should send us your resume. We're looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics and great communication skills.
- Primary driver for run-rate transactional business within territory
- Solution selling to existing customer base and new prospects
- Forecasting and account/opportunity detail in Salesforce
- Needs to be a high-energy, motivated self-starter and team player
- At least 5 years of direct sales experience selling enterprise software (i.e. directly closing deals)
- Experience selling into a datacenter
- Experience uncovering and working opportunities end-to-end (found, developed, closed)
- Experience in building/generating a geography-based or vertical business
- Experience with high-transaction sales (high volume deals)
- Significant track record of quota over-achievement versus peers
- Consistent achievement with a background in exceeding quota
- Knowledge in selling complex systems products
- Federal experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of VMware
- Federal experience and knowledge, and very strong communication/networking and administrative skills
- Must be skilled at uncovering information and finding new opportunities in the Federal program space
VMware is proud of the benefits we extend to our employees, including ample paid time off and flexible work schedules that promote a healthy work-life balance.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Call to action:
We are looking to fill these strategic and critical roles as soon as possible. Join the leading sales team today Location Reston, VA, US
Requisition Number 39846BR
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...