Posting Title Inside Sales Representative/Federal - Washington DC metro About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to architect what’s next for the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division The VMware sales team and the solutions, products and services we deliver are revolutionizing data centers and the IT enterprise network. The sales team is responsible for driving new business, building customer loyalty, ensuring high product retention rates, supporting and promoting corporate strategy and initiatives, and developing and executing area business plans. The team is made up of humble top performers that foster an entrepreneurial team spirit and a team culture that promotes leaders at all levels. VMware’s executive sales leadership is hands-on, regularly engaging with the team during key parts of the sales process to win and retain accounts. The VMware sales team includes several key roles that all work together to meet a shared quota. In 2007, VMware experienced 88% year-over-year revenue growth, creating an ideal atmosphere for passionate, performance-oriented sales professionals. The VMware go-to-market plan separates our sales teams into three distinct areas: Global Accounts, Enterprise Accounts and Commercial Accounts. Job Description The Inside Sales Representative is assigned to a specific set of agencies or geographic area with an Outside Sales Representative. The Inside Sales Representatives primary role is to maximize sales in the assigned market territory through leveraging the partner sales community and the Outside Sales Representative. The primary focus is aimed at sales opportunities and accounts and is achieved by collaborating with partners to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions. It is expected that this role will increase deal win rates as well as accelerate time to close on key opportunities. If you have a passion for winning and a proven track record of success in selling enterprise software solutions, you should send us your resume. We're looking for people who love to win, have strong business ethics and great communication skills.
- Primary driver for run-rate transactional business within territory
- Solution selling to existing customer base and new prospects
- Forecasting and account/opportunity detail in Siebel
- Needs to be a high-energy, motivated self-starter and team player
- At least 2 years of direct sales experience selling enterprise software (i.e. directly closing deals)
- Experience selling into a datacenter
- Experience uncovering and working opportunities end-to-end (found, developed, closed)
- Experience in building/generating a geography-based or vertical business
- Experience with high-transaction sales (high volume deals)
- Significant track record of quota over-achievement versus peers
- Consistent achievement with a background in exceeding quota
- Knowledge in selling complex systems products
- Federal experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of VMware
- Federal experience and knowledge, and very strong communication/networking and administrative skills
- Must be skilled at uncovering information and finding new opportunities in the Federal program space
VMware is proud of the benefits we extend to our employees, including ample paid time off and flexible work schedules that promote a healthy work-life balance.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Call to action:
We are looking to fill these strategic and critical roles as soon as possible. Join the leading sales team today Location Reston, VA, US
Requisition Number 40686BR
VMware - 16 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...