Provide support to both internal and external customers, as well as assist outside sales in quotation and order administration.
Work design: Works under general supervision Work is spot-checked. Resolves non-routine problems by applying general policies, practices, procedures and principles. Performs in-depth analyses of standard problems.
1. Field all incoming calls from customers, field sales and service to provide requested information in a timely fashion.
2. Communicate with customers and sales via phone and mail to configure proposals, process orders, coordinate order status and ship dates and provide pricing and availability of products.
3. Provide sales support and backup to outside sales team by dealing with customers and providing sales team with technical assistance on systems applications.
4. Generate accurate, neat proposals and sales orders. Review of final proposals for technical content and feasibility in addition to special requirements within the customer''s application.
5. Coordinate with manufacturing to determine delivery dates based on customer needs. Personally expedite "Rush" & "Hot" orders.
6. Establish personal relationships with customers and end users.
7. Be the primary "factory" contact for the sales force, and the customer. Communicate with customer and related sales person, following the weekly Production meeting, regarding issues which would affect delayed or late delivery of an order.
Basic understanding of chemistry, fluid mechanics and electronics. Strong written and verbal skills. Professional telephone manner and organizational skills. Tact and diplomacy under stressful and fast paced environment. Ability to work independently. Adept to prioritizing heavy work load. Capabable of juggling multiple tasks at the same time. Team player and great interpersonal skills required.
Technical degree and expertise or equivalent
Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc. - 30+ days ago