Inside Sales Representative - Paper
This position is responsible for generating paper products sales and providing category expertise to United Stationers’ customers and field representatives. This position will provide insights for developing customer value propositions; analyzing and providing timely feedback on market and business conditions; initiating and completing customer and competitive opportunities; identifying business opportunities; and recommending sales solutions. This position is responsible for generating $30 million in annual Gross Merchandise Sales.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Achieve sales targets with assigned accounts by partnering with customers in a consultative relationship that maximizes value for the customer and profitability for United Stationers’.
- Build new business and grow existing business by prospecting sales opportunities, attracting the interest of potential customers, networking to build a contact base, and following up with leads.
- Develop a working knowledge of the industry and business operation.
- Provide consultation and bid support for the Public Sector selling team.
- Review new product developments and sales techniques on an ongoing basis. Develop a complete and comprehensive technical knowledge of all relevant business products.
- Coordinate high-volume (truckload, pallet) product promotional activity with key suppliers and push programs out to the field.
- Acquire system knowledge and competence, both operational and informational, to perform all functions.
- Understands and demonstrates United Stationers' Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to drive for results in a selling environment
- Established verbal/written communication skills
- Highly organized with ability to coordinate multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong general knowledge of business and customer service
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Analytical with experience in data analysis preferable
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree, preferably in a business discipline required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience preferred
- Position will be located in Deerfield, IL or Greenville, IL
United Stationers - 11 months ago
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...