Inside Sales Representative - SmileMakers
- SmileMakers is a business unit of Quill Corporation, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Staples, Inc. It is located in Spartanburg, SC
- Get SmileMakers approved as an Authorized Vendor with Schools/District Offices to obtain orders from new Education Market customers - build relationships with Schools/District Offices to increase year over year sales/share of wallet and aggressively go after new Education Market sales opportunities
- Place outbound calls to target SmileMakers customers to review the current Inside Sales campaign offer available to each customer and obtain orders
- Support and promote SmileMakers’ Vision and Values Statement
- Place Business to Business Calls, there are NO calls to Consumers
- NO COLD CALLING, all customers are a mix of active and dormant SmileMakers customers
- Call customers to offer them specials on specific products and/or on their entire order if they place an order before the end of the fiscal period
- Achieve minimum SELLING TIME level of 40% - (Talk to customers for roughly a minimum of 3 hours and 15 minutes per day). Estimated number of calls you need to complete to achieve the Selling Time goal of 40% will vary between 100 and 160 calls per day
- Maximize every campaign call by following set call procedures and try to close every customer when speaking with the decision maker. If unable to close the customer while on the phone, set up a call back date and time to take an order
- Enter customer orders in our computer system
- Achieve sales goal each period
- Report to work as scheduled each day on time
- Update, document and maintain customer information in our computer systems
- Work as a team player in a team-oriented environment
- Maintain and establish a safe teamwork environment
- Follow and adhere to SmileMakers’ policy manual. Carryout responsibilities in accordance with SmileMakers’ policies and applicable laws
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each key result area satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Associate degree (A.S) from two-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of; Microsoft Excel - spreadsheet software, Microsoft Power Point – presentation software and Microsoft Word - word processing software and Microsoft Outlook – e-mail software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to effectively sell via the phone.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to talk or hear. Frequently required to sit. Occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and peripheral vision
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
Staples - 11 months ago
There’s a whole lot more to Staples than you probably ever imagined. As the world’s 3rd largest internet retailer and a trusted...