We are seeking an experienced self-motivated and articulate customer focused inside sales professional having the desire to grow their career with the largest independent electrical distributor in New England. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years selling to electrical contractors and industrial/commercial customers. The Inside Salesperson is often the first impression and introduction to the customer experiences with the ultimate goal to create lasting customer relationships. Preference will be given to those who have knowledge of electrical applications and layout, Square D products, Eclipse software and EPEC Certification.
Education and/or Experience:
- Work with account base to grow incrementally as well as develop new accounts.
- Develop and execute a plan for growth with the Branch Manager. Highly articulate and influential manner, demonstrating excellent sales and service skills.
- Monitor and confer with counter contractor sales, outside sales and management concerning orders, customer status, history, changes, potential, quotations, strategies, and other related pertinent sales information.
- Receive and process in a timely fashion all customer inquiries, purchase orders, back orders, credits, return authorizations, price increases, and other sales related functions. Maintain an accurate and up-to-date filing system concerning all customer related information (special order entry procedures, quotations, special pricing, purchase orders, etc) vendor pricing and catalog information, and other functions related to sales.
- Maximize sales and profitability by knowing the marketplace and competition, negotiating the lowest possible cost from vendors, and extracting the highest possible competitive selling price.
- Actively participate in all job related training classes, informational seminars, business meetings, etc. that will enhance GCE’s position in the market
- High School diploma, some college or vocational school experience.
- Previous Electrical Distribution experience preferred
- Business, construction or electrical industry exposure.
- Strong customer service skills essential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good math and computer skills; experience with Eclipse software a plus
- Able to adapt quickly to changes.
- Able to handle pressure and multiple tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Proven track record for dependability (arriving to work on time and taking breaks in expected time frames)
- Adaptability / flexibility / willing to change & adjust with business conditions.
- Team player
- Works with a sense of urgency.