Inspector – Quality Control Mechanical
Conducts all facets of in process inspections and factory acceptance testing, of marine and drilling mechanical equipment. Ensures vendors abide by Ensco policies, standards, and specifications during manufacturing as well as repair and recertification while meeting applicable regulatory codes.
Four to five years engineering or technical experience in drilling or drilling related organization.
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
High School graduate or GED required.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering or extensive job related field experience preferred.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Witness in process inspections and testing per Ensco and supplier specifications for offshore drilling rig equipment.
· Ensure vendors adhere to Ensco and supplier quality management systems, standards, and contract specifications.
· Verify work performed is in compliance with regulatory codes such as API, ABS, USCG.
· Ensures documentation has proper adherence to tracking and commissioning procedures.
· Provide reporting on equipment status as well as quality related issues pertaining to the equipment delivery.
· Perform, document and clearly communicate findings associated with root cause failure analysis.
· Assist in development of QA process and procedure’s
· Perform QA audits to API Q1 and Q2 standards.
Minimum Requirements for this position
· Must be technically competent with offshore drilling rig mechanical equipment.
· Ability to read and understand hydraulic schematics and mechanical assembly drawings.
· Team player and an effective communicator.
· Well organized and possess time management skills
· Competent technical reporting and writing skills.
· Working knowledge of document control systems and databases.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To be considered an applicant, you must apply directly to company website
Ensco is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.
ENSCO, Inc., and its wholly owned subsidiaries represent a $90 million technology enterprise, headquartered in the Washington, D.C., area....