An Inspector 4T functions as inspector and training member of the Inspections team for an operating location with the primary responsibilities of providing vehicle inspections and inspection training and ICP testing support for the auction. Demonstrates a mastery level of understanding and the ability to train Inspectors on the following is required: VIN recognition; proper notation of all options and equipment in vehicle; proper odometer reading and operable function; identification of damage, missing parts, and major mechanical problems; estimating repair cost pricing; pricing parts using Mitchell Collision Estimate Guides; recommending labor actions, severity, pricing; Identifying value added options; identifying basic mechanical conditions; identifying common wear and tear; documenting vehicle condition in writing by completing appropriate Vehicle Condition Report; determining grade using Manheim’s Grade Scale. The Inspector 4T will also have the responsibility to train Check in personnel in the use of related programs.
- Verify vehicle information based on work order information – identify damage, missing parts, and mechanical problems by inspecting all customer vehicles at time of receipt (i.e., interior, exterior, odometer reading, trunk area, engine compartment), noting any damage or repair to frame/paint, engine noise, AC/heater operation, radio, tire condition, etc.
- Provides AASC/Auto IMS support.
- Trains other (newly-hired) Inspectors (Levels 1-4) on IMS image loading processes.
- Implements and training clients on Approval Program.
- Maintain knowledge to ensure all policies and procedures are followed.
- Provides training for any new inspection initiativesincluding new hardware, software, and process changes.
- Provides coaching and one-to-one training for other inspectors when needed.
- Provide training and certification for Inspectors and VE personnel.
- Maintains a working knowledge on improvements and changes concerning body mechanical, frame labor, inspection techniques, etc.
- Maintains working knowledge of lot operations and portable terminals and related check PT functions.
- Write electronic condition reports (ECR).
- Perform physical quality audits as directed by manager/supervisor.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred.
- 3 - 5 years experience in the automobile field (inspections, body/mechanic shop, etc.).
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a vehicle condition report writer required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience using the Electronic Condition Report Equipment.
- Prior training or supervisory experience a plus.
- Successful completion of Manheim ICP Inspector Level IV T written/field exam.
- Basic Inspections (Electronic Condition Report), Vehicle Grading, Repair Recommendations & Frame Merit Certifications required.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to train others one-on-one or in a classroom setting required.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills to resolve technical issues required.
- Ability to coach and give effective feedback to individuals regarding training performance required.
- Must be able to work in a team, be self-directed, and motivated to deliver high-quality inspections training.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat or kneel.
- Ability to lift and hold at least 10 lbs at waist level for an extended period of time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Our company values the health and financial well-being of its employees and provides a variety of health care programs, which includes medical, dental, vision, employee and dependent life insurance, long-term disability and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for health care and dependent care expenses. The Company believes financial security in retirement is important and offers a 401(k) Savings Plus Plan as well as company-funded Pension Plan.
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation. Today, with 20,000 employees at 106 operating locations in 14 countries, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites:
Manheim is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Manheim is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
For career opportunities, please visit www.manheim.jobs .
Manheim, INC. - 4 months ago
Manheim is a wheeler dealer from way back that trades cars like stocks. With about 145 locations worldwide, the firm is the nation's...