Posting Job Title: Install/Service Technician (Brownsville, TN)
Requisition #: 145889BR
Posting Location: Brownsville, TN, US
Area of Interest: Construction
Position Type: Full Time
Posting Job Description
Installation and repair of video, internet and phone service provided by Time Warner Cable to our new and existing customers. The position requires a candidate with a positive attitude in working through installation and repair of any of our product lines.
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Install and service cable television equipment in a timely and efficient manner to ensure quality customer service.
- Find, diagnose and repair customer service problems.
- Connect new customers and upgrade cable services at the customer's residence.
- Disconnect cable service requested by customers for non-pays.
- Locate, diagnose and repair signal leakage problems.
- Explain services and equipment to customers and respond to any related questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Electronics training and/or previous installation experience preferred.
- Previous customer service contact and sales experience helpful.
- This position requires frequent walking outside in all weather conditions over all types of terrain.
- Applicants MUST have the ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Position requires employees to climb poles, carry ladders and work at heights up to 25 feet.
- Valid State Drivers License with good driving record.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS AND FREQUENCY:
- Cable TV Experience
- Phone Wiring
- Computer Skills
- Sales And Communications Skills Preferred
Minimal outside the normal coverage area or training opportunities as needed.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
FCC Unit_TWC: 11153
- Basic hand tools
- Company vehicle (van or bucket truck)
- Field strength meter
- Electric and cordless drill
- Electronic communication
- Customer equipment: converter boxes, cable modems, routers-frequently
- Telephone test equipment
- Personal protective equipment-safety equipment
Controlling Establishment ID: 00259 - Richmond KY
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Time Warner Cable - 22 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...