Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Installation Manager, Custom Decorating
Can be based anywhere in Central, NJ
Job Title: Area Install Leader
Do you thrive on leading a team? Does making every customer experience above and beyond their expectations make your day? Do you aim past the set goal to achieve results? Well…being an Area Sales Leader in the new jcp might be the position for you! Come and be part of a team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Custom Decorating Area Install Leader leads a team of Installers, Receivers and Dispatchers to work together in installing unique custom window treatments through appointments in the customer’s home.
• Leader – You lead a team of Custom Decorating Decorator Installers, Receivers and Dispatchers in staging sites both local and remote. Travel is up to 50% of the time.
• Hiring – You seek out and recruit top talent for Installer, Receiver and Dispatcher team member positions.
• Sets Expectations – You candidly communicate the quality, level of performance required for success and sales goal.
• Drive Sales – You analyze business performance, review targeted sales and errors to maximize the results of top performers and inspire all others to exceptional results.
• Coaches – You provides feedback and direction to others to enhance knowledge and /or effectiveness. You proactively focus on improving attributes and professional skills through consistent contact with each staging site in the assigned district (s); in person, by phone and email.
• Maintains a Safe Work Environment – You foster a safe environment through the management of maintance on company issued vans and inventory of installation tools.
Skills and Characteristics:
• People skills – You are engaging and have no problem striking up a conversation with complete strangers. You like working in a team environment where you help your peers and they help you. You are comfortable interacting with all levels of store and district team members.
• Time Management – You execute efficiently and effective, leveraging technology through strong computer skills.
• Problem Solving – You are comfortable communicating with customers to find solutions that fit into the company’s “fair and square” philosophy.
• Detail Orientation – You maintain impactful notes; observing each team member’s strengths and opportunities based on the following metrics; sales, referrals, weekly appointments, order entry, job tracking influencing the overall customer experience
• Motivates and Recognizes Team Members – You inspire team members to achieve higher levels of performance and genuinely praise them for outstanding performance.
• Attitude – You are an outgoing “glass half full” type of person. You can take any situation and make it positive.
* Previous experience leading hourly employees
*experience with Hardware, Carpet, Window or specialty installations preferred