This position includes the responsibilities of performing hardware or software configurations, normally performed on new equipment prior to the customer receiving their new product. This position operates out of the ESI configuration center and involves quote management received from the sales force or warehouse. The quotes performed by the sales force are the instructions for performing the work including what specifically is to be done via tech-codes and the length of time it should take to perform the activity. |
Travel is required, based on the client's needs. Approximately 50% + of travel statewide. A+ Certification required.
Responsible for analyzing and resolving desktop, portable, printer, peripheral, hardware and software problems including desktop network connectivity issues utilizing available resources. In addition is required to identify, rectify and communicate effectively any issues the customer may have regardless of technical nature as it relates to customer satisfaction. This position is primarily dispatched however may be dedicated to a customers site for extended periods of time.
Working knowledge with respect to:
• Computers, Multiple Operating Systems (Win NT, Win 2000, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Hardware Diagnostic Utilities)
• Setup and driver installation of all types of Print devices (i.e. dot matrix, Inkjet, Laserjets)
• Peripherals (including but not limited to video cards, network interface cards, SCSI adapters, storage devices, memory, etc.)
• Remove PC from packing material and dispose of packing material
• Connect / Setup PC, Assist in the delivery of computers, copiers and other ESI related equipment
• Install all type of peripherals and verify functionality
• Resolve hardware conflicts
• Troubleshoot and resolve PC problems
• Network Connectivity OEM Warranty Procedures Appropriate OEM Resources (i.e. manuals, resource CDs, Internet, etc.) Drive Duplication / imaging
• Meet the requirements of Electronic Systems Fleet Safety program
• Possess and maintain reliable transportation and maintain valid drivers license
• Provide certificate of insurance with adequate liability coverage and include statement from insurance company of their knowledge that you use your vehicle for work
• Ability to lift 35 lbs.
• Periodically be on call 24 hours a day for various contracts and commitments
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Required: A+ Certification
Preferred: Two / Four year college degree or degree from Vocational Institute in related field of industry.
Preferred: Network + Certification, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) Certifications, Compaq ACT / ASP
Electronic Systems, Inc. is a premier supplier and service provider of comprehensive office technology. We are committed to providing remarkable innovative solutions to our customers and for our employees, extensive training and development. We are passionate about building a team of highly qualified, customer focused individuals who contribute enthusiastically to our corporate culture and our company's success. With the competitive salary and benefits offered at ESI you build more than a career, you can build a future.
Check us out at www.esi.net
ESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace.
Since 1980, Electronic Systems has grown into the region’s largest provider of customized technology solutions for business. The...