Installer/Field IT Tech |
" Phone Support
Location - Orlando, FL
TRS Wireless specializes in one stop shopping for all communication needs and accessories. We maintain a high level of support for our clientele that is readily available to our customers 24 hours a day. We offer full service professional installation and support of services we provide.
We are growing and as a result of growth and future growth potential, TRS is seeking an Installer/Field IT Tech. The ideal candidate will be responsible for supporting our customer base primarily in the Orlando Metro area. The Installer/Field IT Tech will be extremely well versed in client satisfaction and customer service and be able to effectively communicate with a broad base of end users and TRS Wireless staff. The Installer/Field IT Tech will also be heavily responsible for end user phone support.
This is a hands on physically demanding position. The incumbent will pull cable, climb ladders, work on roofs and in attics and be exposed to outdoor elements through the summer heat. This is not a help desk or call center position. The incumbent must be a self starter and take the initiative to complete work projects with little to no direction from management or supervision.
TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES: The general duties, responsibilities and core competencies are as follows:
• Be familiar with Servers, Laptops, Mobile Phones hardware and software
• Be familiar with network operating systems Windows-Linux-MAC OS
• Provide phone support for trouble shooting – getting online- checking email- MS Office-MS exchange functionality
• Maintain current and accurate inventory of hardware, software and resources (Acid Tag)
• Install work stations (onsite locations)
• Install network with wiring and termination of cabling (internet and phone)
• Connect and set up hardware-router-switch(also POE)-patch panel termination-Server-Local machines-printer-phone
• Load all required software OS(windows-Linux-MAC OS) MS office-MS exchange
• Provide network accounts and passwords as required(manage customer accounts)
• Monitor security of all technology
• Input and maintain IP addresses (maintain records)
• Prepares and coordinates sending equipment out for repair (acquire RMA-ship-receive)
• Provides details for orders and inventories parts
• Operates/installs/repairs other information technology related equipment such as scanners, printers, graphics equipment and phone systems.
• Understanding of RF and the ability to setup wireless network based upon that knowledge
• Experience with Windows ( server 2008,Windows 7, Exchange) along with previous versions and now learning server 2012, Windows 8, Office 2013
• Experience with routing and network design and maintenance
• Wireless networking
• VoIP-general understanding and knowledge
• VoIP deployment, support, programming and maintenance
• Have experience with social and marketing media such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Constant Contact and Search Engine Optimization.
• Performs miscellaneous functions as required, including (but not limited to) calling vendors to report/resolve problems, assisting with demonstrations and site preparations and assisting electricians in determining necessary wiring changes
• Clean drivers license
• We are a drug free workplace – alcohol included
• We are a smoke free environment
Education/Experience: This position requires a minimum of 1-3 years of like/similar experience preferably in a tech support role.
Work Hours: Working hours will generally follow a traditional work week schedule however, as needed, support tasks required for business continuity whenever necessary.
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform job duties that may include an above average amount of lifting, + 45lbs. on a regular basis, sitting, bending, stooping and standing is required and remaining engaged in core jobs duties for lengthy periods of time. Ability to climb a ladder; work on roof tops, with out fear of heights.
Travel Requirements: Local travel may be at time required to client ’s site locations
Compensation: This position is an hourly position and will be based on experience. It is expected that a qualified candidate for this position will earn from $10.00 to $12.00 per hour.
The above statements are meant to describe the general routine nature of work performed by people being assigned to this classification
We are an EOE company.